Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Transfer DCP directly from computer to IMS1000

Author Topic: Transfer DCP directly from computer to IMS1000
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2017 06:07 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I am projectionist in 3 screen cinema.
Screen nr 1 is Dolby server.
Screen 2-3 is DoReMi IMS1000 servers (Branded as NEC NP-90MS01).

On the dolby server i can log into the ftp server from computer at the same lan and transfer DCP to the server via ftp client (file zilla)

I can also log into the ftp servers of the IMS1000 screens and download content from the server to the computer but it does not allow me to transfer dcp´s from the computer to the IMS1000 servers.

Lets say when i am making a DCP at the cinema in the computer i can remote log into the projection booth computer from home and send the dcp to the dolby server and when i arrive to work the dcp is there ready to be tested.

In room 2 and 3 i always have to copy the dcp to hard drive and physically connect it to the IMS1000 to transfer the DCP into the server.

Is there any way to copy content to these IMS1000 servers directly from computer (windows computer)

And no, i do not have any TMS.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-30-2017 07:25 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a push-to as well as a pull mechanism available through ftp.

First thing would be to set up your computer as an ingest source in the IMS1000 GUI (Content Feed Manager).

With that, you can pull content FROM your computer when you are logged onto the IMS1000. Your computer needs to be running an FTP server. You may use the one that is now built into every common OS, or, what I'd prefer, set up both Filezilla client and server on your machine. You may also check wether the Dolby server is set up as an ingest source on the Doremi and vice versa, so you can copy content between the two.

To push something onto the Doremi for ingest, from your computer, you need to use the 'ingest' login. Look up the manual to find the credentials. They are the same for every Doremi server. And, err, they are easy to remember...

- Carsten

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: