Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Urgent Barco Code 5854: "imb - physical marriage tamper event

Author Topic: Urgent Barco Code 5854: "imb - physical marriage tamper event
Ma Yun
Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2017 11:25 AM      Profile for Ma Yun   Email Ma Yun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

My Barco projector keep have this error even though I have use Dallas key and reseat ICP and IMB card. Any suggestion for solve this issue?

Please help [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-14-2017 03:04 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it you have verified that the Dallas key is registered on the projector, and that you entered the correct unlock code?

If you're in any doubt, go to Installation > Advanced > Manage Security Keys in Communicator (in service technician mode) and double check.

If you're absolutely sure that you used a Dallas key that is registered to the projector, and that you entered the correct unlock code, then unless the fault occurred immediately after the IMB software was updated (in which case, the update probably screwed it) the only guesses that springs to mind are:

1 - that the IMB has failed. Is the projector left powered off for long periods (e.g. overnight), and is it several years since that IMB was first used? Could be a dead IMB battery if so. If the IMB is a Dolby cat745, then the system > theatre devices tab in Show Manager will show you if it's reporting a low battery.

2 - A microswitch on or near the card cage that detects "tampering" is not closed for some reason, or has failed to an open circuit. Checking that the panels are properly seated is a first step to investigating that one.

If neither of those are the problem, the only other thing I can think of to try would be to make a clone image of your projector, do a complete reinstall of the current software version, and see if that clears the error.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-14-2017 05:18 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong forum and duplicate post.

On a Barco, if a wrong key is used, the preset buttons turn red instead of yellow.

Barcos don't use a microswitch on the cards in the card cage. They do use them on the cover to the light engine/lamphouse.

Ma Yun
Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2017 06:24 PM      Profile for Ma Yun   Email Ma Yun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First I suspect is IMB card cause this issue so I bring spare IMB card for testing but still same error. Spare IMB card only sucess 1 time without code 5854 error. After that due to troubleshoot, we take out and put back IMB again but code error keep happen.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-15-2017 02:03 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So to be clear: you tried a second IMB, married it to the projector successfully, but when you put the original one back in, you got the tamper error and could not clear it?

If that's right, the obvious conclusion is that the original IMB is bad.

Ma Yun
Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2017 09:38 AM      Profile for Ma Yun   Email Ma Yun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have receive Dolby support, after check show manager and IMB not detect by Dolby server. They say send back for repair due to IMB security cert has lost.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: