Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » GDC SX2000AR w/IMB RAIDS

Author Topic: GDC SX2000AR w/IMB RAIDS
Paul Geissinger
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2017 10:28 AM      Profile for Paul Geissinger   Email Paul Geissinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have gotten conflicting information concerning the RAID Drives for a GDC SX2000AR.

What is the maximum size RAID for each of the tree ports?

And, are they available off of the shelf?

And, if available off the shelf, is it difficult to configure them?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-06-2017 11:14 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've been told, only 1TB and 2TB drives are supported.

For 2TB, the HGST HUS724020ALA640
For 1TB, the HGST HUA722010CLA330

Unfortunately, as with most computer things, those models are no more. I don't know what GDC is currently recommending though they may have stock on them. Current drives are 6Gb/s, which should work.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-06-2017 12:06 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They still supply HGST Drives with all server models.

If you re-configure it as three 2TB drives you need to configure an entire new RAID. If you replace a 1 tb drive with a 2tb drive the new 2tb drive will be configured in as a 1tb drive. If you have multiple screens you can simply move all content to another server. Otherwise unless you can ftp the content to storage somewhere you lose having access to what is on the 1tb drives

If you just replace the existing 1tb drives you can do it one at a time and let the raid rebuild without losing any content at all. I have actually trained all my customers to do this.

There are "How To Videos" on every server and on You Tube.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: