Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby harddisk approvement list (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Dolby harddisk approvement list
Jorgen Larsen
Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2017 07:15 AM      Profile for Jorgen Larsen   Email Jorgen Larsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Can somebody help me with the latest Dolby harddisk approvement list...
JL.

|  IP: Logged

Anders Nordentoft-Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2017 06:51 AM      Profile for Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Author's Homepage   Email Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a PM

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-06-2017 12:26 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anders,

This is not confidential information. The purpose of the forums is to spread information to help others.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-06-2017 05:21 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, true. But it's a pdf with tables, can't really copy it into a message.
I will attempt to upload it.
Nope, can't find how to do that.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-06-2017 05:22 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try converting it to a graphic and uploading those into a message. (Look at ImageMagick if you don't know how to do that.)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-06-2017 06:18 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Link

[ 02-07-2017, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Tommy Zackariasson
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2017 01:36 PM      Profile for Tommy Zackariasson   Email Tommy Zackariasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just want to share that we recently installed WD40EFRX in our DSS200, leaving us with 12Tb on it. Works fine.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-19-2017 01:49 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please note, officially 4TB drives are not approved for the older RAID cards on the DSS200s until System 4.9.1 comes out (someday) when there will be a RAID upgrade.

That said, I too have a site running on 4TB drives completely without incident, for some time now. I used HGST: HUS724040ALA640.

Allan Barnes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2017 08:22 PM      Profile for Allan Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Barnes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THANKS BRAD

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-20-2017 03:29 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the DSS series discontinued I am surprised Dolby are still developing the software - still, they haven't made the Doremi line compatible with the DSS series though as the small files are still getting deleted on the DSS when ingesting.
In my opinion that would be a slightly higher priority than upgrading the RAID controller! [Wink]

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-20-2017 05:37 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I gatherit, Dolby is only issuing the software that was already in the works at the time of the announcement. Furthermore, they seem to be providing support for unsupported equipment too. The DSS100 line is to get a software upgrade to address encrypted subtitles.

The DSS line was the best and it really sucks that it is no more.

Whereas all of the bits and pieces to a CPL ARE in the "generated packages" folder, there shouldn't be a transfer problem, if that directory is referenced, from ANY brand server, including the Doremi stuff, when it comes to FTP transfers.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-20-2017 08:34 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought those were deleted at ingest time. If you check the details on the transfer status page it clearly says something like "this is not digital cinema, deleting".
I heard that there was a plan to let those files alone to assure compatibility between brands but that was supposed to happen several versions ago!

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-20-2017 10:18 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No if ands or buts...in the generated packages, they are complete CPLs...even if the DSS has to create the missing bits and pieces. What I think was supposed to happen (and maybe it does now, I haven't checked) is that when you off load content to a CRU drive, that it is supposed to offload the full CPL.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-20-2017 11:29 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was my understanding too but last time I checked it still wouldn't happen

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-17-2017 08:00 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/DOLBY-DRIVE-DEC2016.pdf

Why would the hard disc recommendation be so different between DSS200 und DSS200i/-6?

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: