Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » TMS works on 4 projection systems

Author Topic: TMS works on 4 projection systems
Jerzy Gwizdz
Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 02:26 AM      Profile for Jerzy Gwizdz   Author's Homepage   Email Jerzy Gwizdz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
We have 4 different projection systems: Nec NC2000C + Doremi 2K4, Christie CP2220 + Dolby DSS200, Sony SRX-R515 + XTC-S10 and Barco DP2K-6E + ICMP.
We work TMS Screenwriter Arts Aliiance. Unfortunately, TMS badly working with Sony and Barco.
What other TMS recommend.
Regards

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-30-2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have been very happy with cine-digital

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 08:05 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, CineDigital Manager will work with any combination (I'm only listing the devices we have tested ourselves - I know it works on others, but I'm not going to list them) of Barco DP100, Barco DP3000, NEC NC2000C, NC1200C, NC900C, NC2500S, Christie CP2210, Dolby DSS/DSP100, Doremi ShowVault4, GDC SX2000, SX-2001AR, and SX-3000.

The first location (the place we tested whether it was usable for us) had a NEC NC2500S/Dolby DSS/DSP100 and an NEC NC900C with a Doremi ShowVault4.

'Interesting' backstory to why we used that location to test -
1) we wanted to be sure that series 1 and series 2 machines were controllable in the same complex.
2) with less than three screens, CDM is free (just needs to be renewed annually, which is still free, and there are a few functions not available, such as delayed transfers and automatic KDM downloads/transfers)
3) the manager of the location was my roommate, so everyone knew that I would hear about it if it was annoying the manager, likely at the top of her voice.

At any rate, I can vouch for its ability to work with various devices in the same complex, including series 1 and 2.

Leslie

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 08:45 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The OP mentions Sony.

CDM doesn't work with Sony, the developers have no plans to integrate it with Sony.

We have a site using Barco, Kinoton, Sony, Dolby and Doremi managed by a Unique RB TMS. That mostly works, it's the Sony's it has issues with.

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 09:27 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, that is good to know. At least in Canada, I'm not terribly aware of many Sony projectors (to be precise, I am aware of one, which might mean more, but darned if I know where, nor am I terribly concerned about my lack of that knowledge.)

It is good to know that CDM doesn't support Sony. If asked, it would be problematic to tell them about CDM, only to have it not work for them.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-31-2017 04:28 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sony has a TMS that will interface with the other makes.

Kevin Tan
Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2017 07:08 PM      Profile for Kevin Tan   Email Kevin Tan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to consider GDC TMS-2000 which support all your listed server/projector.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2017 02:29 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear All
My Experience Fully Automated TMS only One "AAA Screenwriter" but High expensive .

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-07-2017 06:39 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the TCC (Theatre Command Center) which has had various parents, starting with AccessIT/Cinedigm will work with all.

I'd think that F-T's TMS would work with everything too.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-07-2017 09:30 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Arts Alliance system I've been trying to support works with the Doremi and Dolby DSS servers on site but not the Barco ICMP (Escape screen). Their website says the ICMP is supported, but I haven't managed to get Christie to supply a version that will talk to one: the site has a Christie LMS running AA software. Christie NOC just says the site has the "correct software version" and won't respond to questions about why it won't work with the ICMP.
I support a lot of Doremi TMS systems and they have been no problem, but they are in 100% Doremi sites.
We also have a lot of GDC TMS systems but these are minimal installations with no local content storage, only doing scheduling from the POS system and inter-server content transfers. No problems with them except keeping the licenses up to date.

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2017 10:11 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The AAM TMS is indeed fully integrated with Barco's ICMP. How is your use case related to Escape (that is indeed an exceptional case, since 3 servers included). AAM has Escape-support on their roadmap

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-14-2017 07:21 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They want to add the Escape system primary ICMP to the TMS so it will run "normal" shows without manual operation (playlist creation and scheduling). They do not expect to have Escape shows without that.
Christie NOC was not helpful. Christie certainly loathes Barco so maybe they just won't help make it work?

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-14-2017 07:47 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiosity, but why would Escape need an adaptation in the TMS? Isn't it just a different CPL that gets played on the primary ICMP and the Barco Alchemy ICMP doing the rest of the *ahum* magic for you?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: