Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Solaria One won't boot up.

Author Topic: Solaria One won't boot up.
Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 02:08 AM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

We had a fire in the weather head of the theater. Fortunately somebody noticed it before it burned through the side of the building! My manager on duty went through and turned off all the projectors and disconnected their power cords prior to the fire department turning off the main service disconnect. 4 days later we got power restored (had to wait for the electric company to build a new transocket box).

Of course I went through and reconnect everything and tested the equipment. Everything worked except one Solaria zone unit. The machine would seem to b booting up but the TPC screen would begin to flash a blank white screen and the SMS and Alarm LEDs would not go green. The ICP and IMB health LEDs would not come on at all.

Now the system doesn't even do that. I notice when the TPC is plugged in that there is so high pitched whine coming from the back of the projector. Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 05:07 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've notice on Barco DP2K when it doesn't boot at all, the problem is the ICP. Doing an ICP recovery procedure most of time solves the problem but rarely I've had to replace the ICP board.
Maybe a battery problem.

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 10:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've swapped the ICP and card cage between another projector. The problem doesn't follow the boards.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-30-2017 11:35 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Power supply maybe? The Christie will boot up in standby, the TPC will then fully power up the electronics. If the TCP does not power up, then it won't work.

You can try another TCP and/or the emergency button (is that available on the Solaria one?) which will switch the projector with the lamp on and with the last selected macro.

Pay attention when swapping boards/TCP that you select the proper serial number of the machine - the projector will have an identity crisis and will ask you for some help!

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2017 11:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have moved the TPCs around to no avail. Anybody have a copy of the service manual that could send me the pages on removal of power supply? I'm sure I can figure it out, but why bother [Smile]

Adrian Avram
Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2017 12:38 AM      Profile for Adrian Avram   Email Adrian Avram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The TPC get's it's power from the standby PS, looks like a regular laptop PS. The high pitch whining means an increased current draw on the 24V PS output. The same standby 24V makes it's way to the projector's backplane at connector P7 to PIBS1. Disconnect it and check if the TPC will at least boot up in standby. If so, swap the PIBS1 card with a known good one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: