Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » What is "Textless" in CPL for XXX: The Return of Xander Cage

Author Topic: What is "Textless" in CPL for XXX: The Return of Xander Cage
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 01-16-2017 06:00 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm ingesting the content for XXX: The Return of Xander Cage, and I noticed two of the CPLs have "textless" right between 2D and S_EN-XX. Any clue what this is?

-

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-16-2017 08:22 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At a wild guess, maybe the movie has a scene with some spoken language other than English with subtitles that either are or are not printed on the screen?

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2017 09:55 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've run into this once before- but in the CPL I had, "textless" was not spelled
out, but was abbreviated as"TL" and was in a different position in the CPL.
In my case, it signified an "International" version of the feature I was running.

I know it's somewhere in the ISDCF naming convention document, because I recall
looking it up back then. But I've never seen it spelled the way it is in your example.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-16-2017 10:59 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Textless is the base package without any captions or subtitles.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-18-2017 05:58 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been easier just to leave this "textless" out so not to be so confusing. For, I was wondering on that as well.

But, when receiving the keys, this "textless" was not in the name string of the key.

XXX3_FTR-2-2D_S_EN-XX-CCAP_OV_51-HI-VI-Dbox_2K_PC_20170108_DTB_IOP_OV

For a lot of us than can read the CPL naming string, we would have noticed that CCAP, Hi-VI would not have been included into the string.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-18-2017 07:05 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had three calls from customers about this since Monday. Thats what I assumed it was ...

Mark

Nerijus Marmokas
Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2017 04:11 AM      Profile for Nerijus Marmokas   Email Nerijus Marmokas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Textless, or TL version is needed if you have to also ingest a supplemental package with subtitles. Some files in TL are different from OV vesrion, but not all.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: