Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco 10s / Doremi IMB-SV / HDMI Problem

Author Topic: Barco 10s / Doremi IMB-SV / HDMI Problem
Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2017 12:24 PM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I've tried every solution/advice that I had read here on the forum, also the installation manual and I cant managed to get an image or sound through the HDMI input port of the IMB.

Any recent solution or steps for this to work?

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-07-2017 12:43 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not familiar with the "SV" suffix but assuming this is a standard IMB, you only need to create a macro where you enable the HDMI input and leave the projector on the same macro you use to watch DCI features.

Try different sources, HDMI is a naughty beast, it may be that it does not like the source you are testing.

Can you play DCI content with no issues?

Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2017 02:23 PM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marco,

SV = Show Vault. I installed it and I can use everything on the server except the HDMI input. I tried the macro, the live source and I cant get an image. The blu-ray is on 1080p and even changed the HDMI cable.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-07-2017 02:41 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
of course, sorry! [Smile]

Well, definitely try a different blu ray player. Also, try resetting the blu ray player video output. It will default to 576p which should work. THEN you can try setting it to 1080p.

And make sure you use a short cable for the test.

Unfortunately I do not think there is a facility in the ShowVault to check the status of the signal coming through HDMI.

Can you maybe post a screenshot of the macro you are using?

Welcome to the HDMI world! [Smile]

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-07-2017 04:21 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can select the HDMI input and adjust degamma through "Device Controller" in Control Panel. You connect to "Certainty" (the IMB) and go from there.
Or make up macros using the library cues.
I have seen an issue preventing HDMI presentation with some (most) HDMI cables. The IMB panel is quite thick so the HDMI socket is recessed, the connector doesn't go in deep enough. Comparing to many other panel mounted sockets, the IMB is deeper. Doremi tells me there is no problem.
 -
The box knife modified connector works perfectly in the IMB, the unmodified one does not connect.

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2017 07:29 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcial,

I admit that it has been just under a year since I had to sort this out, but I'll give it a go.

Open Control Panel.
Open Device Controller.
Double-click 'IMB Device' (this might just be to single-click 'IMB Device' then select the cog icon to the left.)
Select HDMI button for 'Input'
(At this point, you should have any data being sent via HDMI showing on-screen if your lamp is on)
Select the appropriate setting for 'Scaling' as necessary.
The wrench/hammer is network configuration/default configuration, which I expect you not to need.
The screwdriver/wrench tab is the Color Space Settings tab, where you set the colorspace you intend to use for the HDMI (or HDSDI) - again, you should be able to leave that as the existing settings.

A lot of words to say, open the control panel, open the Device Controller, select IMB Device, change it to HDMI from Internal, lock the door, drink some coffee and read a periodical, unlock the door once you have enjoyed your coffee, dab your brow for some unseen sweat, and tell the others that THAT was the hardest half hour of your life.

I must confess, I do not recall if it was necessary to run some kind of 'HDMI' SPL, as you must with the GDC AR servers, and the remaining ShowVaults in our company are too far away for me to check on (also, we did not set those up to play HDMI, as they are currently on a VPF).

This didn't help? Let us know, but that is how we swapped inputs on the ShowVault IMB that we no longer own.

Leslie

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2017 09:35 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<edit: The ex-manager of the location confirmed that once the IMB Device is changed from 'Internal' to 'HDMI', the content server is no longer used until you switch it back to 'Internal.'>

In fact, my HOWTO on what to do was:

Menu->Control Panel->Device Controller
Double-click IMB Device
Select HDMI Input
[Quit] (or leave it open to switch back once done)

Leslie

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-09-2017 04:27 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot the HDMI selection is also available on that page, thanks Leslie!

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-09-2017 04:07 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you switch the Doremi IMB from server input to HDMI, any playlist being shown is ejected immediately. When it's showing HDMI, playing a server playlist switches it out of HDMI input and back to server.
So you only really need to select HDMI and play your DVD or whatever, it will automatically go back to normal the next time a playlist is shown.

Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2017 08:43 PM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all,

I will do the testing on Wednesday and let you all know. Thanks!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: