Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Server Number Certificate Download Site (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Server Number Certificate Download Site
Rayjohn Tagayon
Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2016 07:05 PM      Profile for Rayjohn Tagayon   Email Rayjohn Tagayon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all! Can you help me find the website in which I can download server certificates for the following serial numbers?

QCPD-00505-21-09

I have tried it on the dolby/doremi certificate download site but they can't be found. I need these to generate KDM's for a movie we've booked on local cinemas here in the PH. We're having a hard time finding the certs for some cinemas because their serial numbers are in that format. We're kinda new to this business so any help would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-29-2016 07:12 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure that this is a serial number for a media block or IMB, and not for the chassis of the server? This serial number is not in a format I recognize for either Dolby or Doremi media blocks.

A Dolby cat862 serial (the media block built into the DSS line of servers) and a Doremi Dolphin board serial is six digits, e.g. 510635. A Dolby IMB (cat745) serial is in the format HXXXXXXX, e.g. H0003751. Here is a PDF that tells you where to find the media block serial number on Dolby and Doremi products.

Here is where you can download Dolby and Doremi media block and IMB certificates.

Rayjohn Tagayon
Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2016 07:39 PM      Profile for Rayjohn Tagayon   Email Rayjohn Tagayon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The mall's database listed them as Datasat DC20 for make/model. That's why I can't find it on the dolby site for certificate download. I don't know where else I can download certificates for these types of serial numbers.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-29-2016 07:58 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so it's not a Dolby or Doremi media block. That would explain why you can't find the certs on Dolby's website!

The manual for the Datasat DC20 describes how to download the certs out of the unit itself (see page 11). I would suggest that you ask the theater that gave you this serial number to follow these instructions and then email you the cert (it should either be a single .PEM file, or a zip containing several of them).

The page for this model on Datasat's website states that support for it is now being handled by Qube. As an alternative, you could hunt around on their site and/or email their support address to see if they can send you the certs, but having the theater pull them from the actual media block that will be used to play the movie and send them to you sounds to me like a more reliable option.

I keep the .PEM for our Barco Alchemy ready to email anyone who asks for it, because that's not downloadable, either. It's less of an issue for our Dolbys, because people sending us encrypted DCPs can, and almost always do, pull the certs themselves. But if that's not an option for your media block and you regularly get DCPs from smaller distributors, it's always a good idea for theater operators to have the files ready to email to content providers as needed.

Rayjohn Tagayon
Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2016 11:47 PM      Profile for Rayjohn Tagayon   Email Rayjohn Tagayon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed with your last point.

Also thanks for the information you have provided.

Another question, do you have any experiences with serial numbers like these?

0000000F05D8

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-30-2016 12:29 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. But it looks like it could be a MAC address, minus the colons or dashes, to me.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 12-30-2016 01:05 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A device with a mac address that starts with 00:00:00 is manufactured by Xerox.

Rayjohn Tagayon
Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2016 02:45 AM      Profile for Rayjohn Tagayon   Email Rayjohn Tagayon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Database lists them as Christie IMB.

What do you guys think

Kristo Nalo
Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2016 06:22 AM      Profile for Kristo Nalo   Email Kristo Nalo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna try this one. Thanks for the info.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-30-2016 06:42 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Leo Enticknap
I keep the .PEM for our Barco Alchemy ready to email anyone who asks for it, because that's not downloadable, either.
Hi Leo,

you can download the Barco ICMP/Alchemy certificates from the unit itself with Communicator, or through a web-service from a Barco Server, based on the ICMP serial. Also, there should be a QR-code on your ICMPs faceplate which leads you to the certificate download link.

Other than that:

http://keysportal.deluxedigital.co.uk/Content/ServerSerialGuide.html

(This seems to suggest the above listed MAC-type serial is indeed the scheme for the Christie IMS)

http://www.digitalnikino.cz/system/files/Server_Serial_Number_Instructions.pdf

Wondering if Brad would copy these files into the manuals warehouse?

- Carsten

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2017 08:18 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rayjohn Tagayon: You still need get certificate Christie IMB ?

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 12-24-2018 08:11 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 719 days since the last post.

Rayjohn Tagayon
Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2018 08:11 PM      Profile for Rayjohn Tagayon   Email Rayjohn Tagayon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I know this is an old post of mine but I'd like to update anyway.

The certs that start with QCPD in their serial numbers are from a brand called QUBE. They are still used in some cinemas, abroad, in the Philippines they have all been replaced by GDC.

Their FTP site is at ftp://certificates.qubecinema.com

For GDC, I e-mail a request to cert@gdc-tech.com

For Barco, I request a picture of the QR code on the server so I can download it myself (lol)

I still have problems with Christie because most projectionists don't know how to extract their certs from the server. If anyone has access, can you please post it here? (link)

Thanks!

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Christie says in the IMB-S2 changing bulletin is:

If the distributor requests the 12-digit hexadecimal eSN of the Christie IMB-S2, use one of these
methods to retrieve it:
• On the projector touch panel controller (TPC), tap Menu > Christie IMB-S2 > System > Status
. Tap System in the Category list. The serial number appears in the SM Serial Number (eSN) field.
• On older Christie IMB-S2s the 12-digit eSN is on the back of the Christie IMB-S2 faceplate.
• On newer Christie IMB-S2s the 12-digit eSN is on the front of the Christie IMB-S2 faceplate, or
on the communications panel faceplate of Solaria One and Solaria One+ projectors.
• Look for the eSN on the shipping carton. If the distributor requests the SM certificate that is necessary to generate the KDM:
1. Insert a USB flash drive in the USB port on the side of the projector.
2. Tap Menu > Christie IMB-S2 > System.
3. Tap General > Settings.
4. Tap Certificate.
5. Tap SM.
6. Tap Download.
The certificate is saved as SM.pem

It also states:
Current certificate information is available on the Christie FTP site (certificates.christiedigital.com). If your distributor cannot access the Christie FTP site, ask them to contact Christie technical support.

If I was you, I would sent an e-mail to tech-asia@christiedigital.com

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-25-2018 05:26 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The current test version of DCP-o-matic offers a certificate download option for christie certificates - however, you need to enter personal account information to access the Christie database. These are, however, circulating, and you may also apply for an account with Christie support.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: