Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby IMS2000 Date Issue

Author Topic: Dolby IMS2000 Date Issue
Roberto Simancas
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2016 04:13 PM      Profile for Roberto Simancas   Email Roberto Simancas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, how are you?

I had an issue when I tried to schedule a show for this week. Being honest I think this is more of a glitch and I'm curious if someone else had this problem.

The problem was this: today I tried to schedule a show but the schedule window was showing me dates for 2018 (the picture is blurry sorry).

-

I used the back arrow to go back to 2016 but once I reached January it went back to the present day but with the year of 2018.

I went to scheduler configuration and put the first day of the week to Friday and the problem was fixed, it showed me the correct year when I tried to schedule a show again.

My question is, Did this happened because there were days for both years in the same week and for some weird reason it showed me 2018?

Did anyone had this problem before? I think I will get the same error again this coming Friday.

Thanks in advance for your help

|  IP: Logged

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2016 07:14 PM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are issues with manually scheduling shows on the IMS2000 when part of the week is in one year, and part of the week is in another year.

Shows that are scheduled by a TMS don't experience this, just manually scheduled shows.

Easiest way to deal with this is to reset the beginning of the week to Sunday. Then this week will be Sunday through Saturday and the problem will not be seen.

Mike

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-27-2016 09:38 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this affect all IMS and DCP servers or just the IMS2000?

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2016 04:34 PM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just the IMS2000 and only manually scheduled shows.

Mike

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-27-2016 06:17 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember your little date bug back about 2008 or 9 that shut the entire chain down on new years.... [Eek!]

Roberto Simancas
Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2016 04:43 AM      Profile for Roberto Simancas   Email Roberto Simancas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I thought it was some kind of glitch about having days of different years in the same week.

I'll be ready this Friday. Thank you all for your help.

Regards

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-28-2016 05:43 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have alerted my customers. Thanks Mike.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: