Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby Doremi TMS 4

Author Topic: Dolby Doremi TMS 4
Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-09-2016 11:41 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone here using the Dolby/Doremi TMS4? Any opinions, from those that are using it, about it?

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-10-2016 11:59 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We installed it in a bunch of VPF sites formerly on v3. It seems to work the same as v3, no changes to the workflow. The only difference I see is needing the license dongle, but those haven't caused any problems.

Hoang Vo
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2016 03:00 AM      Profile for Hoang Vo   Email Hoang Vo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI all,
how do sys automation cues Ims1000 doremi with TMS4 ? i have problem cue Vol IMS1000 cant's see in TMS4. Thanks all.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-11-2016 06:35 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to copy a server macros.xml file into the TMS. When you create a playlist in the TMS you pick from the macro names (cues) in the TMS file, and it sends those names to the servers - so the names on the lists need to match. I'm not sure how to seal with mixed brands of servers with different macros. On both IMS and TMS this file is in the /doremi/etc folder.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-11-2016 09:36 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

Have your customers found it intuitive enough? Any big pitfalls? It looks like it was based on the WebGUI of the IMS series.

If you didn't have Doremi servers (and it worked with any server), would you use it?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-12-2016 05:32 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Intuitive?
We have clients with Arts Alliance and Cinedigm systems as well as Doremi, I would not call any of these systems really intuitive.
They all work. And all have their quirks.
I don't operate them myself, I just put them in and then fix them if they die. I am somewhat familiar with the interfaces but the staff that use them regularly are much better on them than I.
For a mixed server location I think the AA or Cinedigm system will likely be better than Dolby/Doremi but I haven't actually installed a Doremi TMS with non-Doremi servers... so it may have similar abilities.
Just now, I'm trying to get a Christie NOC AA LMS to talk to an ICMP, not much luck getting an answer from Christie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: