Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Sony SRX320 with Doremi IMB-SA Marriage

Author Topic: Sony SRX320 with Doremi IMB-SA Marriage
Christopher Pettersen
Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2016 11:39 AM      Profile for Christopher Pettersen   Email Christopher Pettersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there!

So i am having a marriage issue with my marriage, and i suspect it is the lack of the old CSS cable.

The field installer manual say that i should just use a service door terminator, and the old CSS cable. But as it turns out i cant use the old css cable because it has a VGA pin and the IMB-SA use com port.

It shouldnt be so hard to solder the pins on a new con connection, but to do so i need the pin output, any one have that or a photo of a open one?

Nr 1: This is the old cable that went from the ICP to the CSS in LMB. The new one Nr2, it the one i need to figure out where i can connect the two com cables too..

Photo of cable and new connector

[Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-10-2016 07:59 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think there is a Doremi IMA-SA installation document detailing some of the procedures, but I am sure you read that before. As to the CSS cable wiring, I guess it will be complicated to get that information because it is part of the security hardware concept for a Sony-Doremi system.
That is, if they tell you about it, they would have to kill you afterwards.

- Carsten

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-10-2016 08:06 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think there is a Doremi IMB-SA installation document detailing some of the procedures, but I am sure you read that before. As to the CSS cable wiring, I guess it will be complicated to get that information because it is part of the security hardware concept for a Sony-Doremi system.
That is, if they tell you about it, they would have to kill you afterwards.

- Carsten

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-10-2016 01:27 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what the cable you're looking at actually is, but if it's just a question of matching the pinouts from one end of the cable to the other you should be able to get that with an ohmmeter.

Christopher Pettersen
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2016 05:32 AM      Profile for Christopher Pettersen   Email Christopher Pettersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten, I am still alive and i got the awnser!

If you solder it the way i had on connector 2 you disable the tamper system on the SRX, if you take the cable and solder one to eact pin on connector 2 you will again enable the tampering sensors.

Now when it comes to my ICP com error i had to change the processor unit allowing communication over ethernet.
Not a secret as it was Dolby information. [Smile]

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are using a DSS200 with SONY SRX-R320? I have a DSS100 I would like to use with a SONY SRX-R320 - do you have a guide for making this work?
Thank You - Rui

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-18-2016 06:57 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you COULD use a 220/320 with a DSS100/200, but only through plain HD-SDI, without DCI/encrypted content, so, it's not very useful.

There is/was a DCI solution to operate the R320 projector with a Doremi server. Basically a ShowVault with a modified Doremi IMB inside the projector (the IMB would provide outputs in Sonys Twin-LVDS format). They also sold it as a stacking solution.

- Carsten

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2016 10:16 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You,

Rui

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: