Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby CP750

Author Topic: Dolby CP750
Cameron Gray
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2016 10:23 PM      Profile for Cameron Gray   Email Cameron Gray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have experience changing out the motherboard on a Dolby CP750? The optical port is busted, and I need to repair it. Dolby says that we have to replace the motherboard to do that. Will I have to redo all the sound settings in the auditorium? I've set them before, but I want to know what i'm getting myself into....

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2016 11:43 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the 750 still boots up you can connect with the setup software and save the settings before replacing it. You can then restore the settings to the new mother board.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2016 03:55 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have successfully replaced the Toslink port on CP750 and DMA8+.

I obtained the part from Aliexpress, took a while to arrive and I had to buy a stack on ten if I remember rightly.

Pur Wanto
Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2016 06:30 AM      Profile for Pur Wanto   Email Pur Wanto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear All,

I am bough Cp750 controller app for remoting my cp750, but i have problem with this app after upgrade from lollipop to marshmallow.

all can help me.

thanks,
Pur

Marlon Martins
Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2016 10:55 AM      Profile for Marlon Martins   Email Marlon Martins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pur, the Cp750 controller developer apparently vanished, not updating the app anymore.

the main problem seems if you add more than one server, it will crash.

so... keep only one server, and change when needed.

besides that, it appears to work fine with me. (i use occasionally)

Pur Wanto
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2016 12:48 AM      Profile for Pur Wanto   Email Pur Wanto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mr. Marlon,

i already try keep one server and i change IP address to other ip. after change to other IP and try to adjust vol, first IP so crash too (vol mute).

Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: