Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Best OS for GDC TMS

Author Topic: Best OS for GDC TMS
Luis Garcia
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2016 11:07 PM      Profile for Luis Garcia   Email Luis Garcia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, someone knows what is best OS for the GDC TMS v4.1.7 system. I have many problems for the transfer and import between Christie servers. GDC can not find the problem. Thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2016 05:57 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sir
Try To GDC New Version 4.2.1050
ShibuPaul

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-27-2016 06:04 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just checked. GDC's current release version is 4.18030 and the recommended OSes are:

GDC TMS version 4.1 requires a computer running on one following operating system,
• Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows Server 2008 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows Server 2012 (32-bit or 64-bit)

(the same is true for 4.17)

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-27-2016 09:35 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4.1.7023 was a very good version and I still have that one running on about a dozen out of forty four TMS. There are known occasional odd KDM transfer issues with anything earlier than 4.1.7023. And actually, the very latest version is actually 4.1.8030.09141409.

For best reliability all my TMS run on mostly Dell 2950 III IT type dual quad core servers and run Windows 7 64 bit. Two year old servers can be had in like new condition for way less than a decent off the shelf PC can be had for. The minimum that I recommend is single 3.0 GHZ Xeon Quad core and 8GB of ram installed correctly and in the right mode. The Dell R-720's that I've been installing lately offer three modes of ram usage depending on how it is installed! Current 4 core Xeon processors are a bit more powerful than the Intel I-7 is. Also, run your server in hyperthread mode! The TMS app seems to take some advantage of hyperthread mode (See link below).

Windows 7 64 bit is also just fine. There is no need for anything else unless you have one of the more expensive OS's laying around unused. You are running an application here, not setting up for file sharing.

Mark

RAM Installationm Mode Discussiuon

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2016 09:13 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Luis Garcia
Hello, someone knows what is best OS for the GDC TMS v4.1.7 system. I have many problems for the transfer and import between Christie servers. GDC can not find the problem. Thank you
I have installed two L.M.S./T.M.S. systems in the last two weeks using the G.D.C. T.M.S. program. I have no transfer issues with Christie I.M.B.s (both locations have a mix of Christie IMBS and GDC servers)

I use Windows 7 64 bit Pro. Even though I've been told the newest version of the program works with Windows 10, I wouldn't recommend it.

I am going to guess that the problem may not be with the OS. As the GDC techs usually don't want to mess with other company's hardware.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-28-2016 10:35 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have tested a TMS with the app running under W-10 and it runs just fine. After all W-10 is just W-7 Pro with different (and useless) graphics. The problem is that GDC does not support systems that are installed and running on W-10... yet.

I am still awaiting the promised, fully automated GDC TMS app.

Mark

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2016 10:43 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am still awaiting the promised, fully automated GDC TMS app.

Mark

Wait End This Month 15 ,GDC Release New Version with Templates.New Vesion Allready Test run few Screens In India .
Info From GDC.
By ShibuPaul

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-01-2016 11:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: