Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » The Magnificent Seven Aspect Ratio

Author Topic: The Magnificent Seven Aspect Ratio
Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-25-2016 02:29 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear All
We Are Played the Movie the Magnificent Seven In Scope format in India, But Some Close-Up Shots Cropped in Top Side of our all screens and The Movie Subtitles in Very Big Size Fonts.
Actually The Movie Play Scope or Flat in Other Countries?
Regards ShibuPaul

|  IP: Logged

Matt Russell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-25-2016 09:51 AM      Profile for Matt Russell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie is indeed 2048x858 SCOPE. I have screened the movie and there are no aspect ratio changes throughout the film. If subtitles are an issue, it's most likely an error. The in-film subtitles looked normal to me.

Matt Smith
Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2016 02:06 AM      Profile for Matt Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What projector are you using to display the film?

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2016 10:25 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sir
We are Using Christie CP2215,2220,2230,4230.

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2016 05:11 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Annli,

that is a very wide range of projectors.

Can you reduce it to one of those?

Off the top of my head, it might be that it is a 4K DCP that is getting information that it should output in 4K, but the projector is a 2K projector. We have had that happen, although it would possibly mean that you were losing as much as 75% of your image, which I would find unlikely.

For now, let's start with exactly which projector you are using.

Leslie

Frederick Lanoy
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2016 05:28 PM      Profile for Frederick Lanoy   Email Frederick Lanoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it in Digital IMAX. It was constant scope.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2016 11:39 PM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sir
Currently The Movie Run In CP2220
Regards
ShibuPaul

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: