Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Automation – NEC NC900C-A

Author Topic: Automation – NEC NC900C-A
Taylor Goins
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2016 09:59 PM      Profile for Taylor Goins   Email Taylor Goins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Hope this is appropriate for this section.

I've learned how to set cues for the projector and lamp to automatically turn off when the movie is over. But is there a way to set cues to make the projector and lamp turn ON automatically? There are "Lamp On" and "Projector On" cues... I've tried them, but they just don't work. "Lamp On" does if the projector is already on. But "Projector On" never works. Any tips or advice would be great. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-09-2016 10:27 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen this on a new NC900C installation as well. A Projector-On was configured, but did not work. Obviously, as the series-2 library does not support this as a generic function.

Here is how I solved it:

http://www.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=002010#000000

- Carsten

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-11-2016 06:42 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The projector on function on the NC-900 may have been disabled because of the mercury type lamps it uses. Everything else works. Next time I'm at a site with one I will will try that cue...

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-11-2016 07:48 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The projector ON function remains working for me on my NC900s with current software/firmware. Including on a projector installed 7/16. Again, I often have to double-send NEC cues for reliability.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-13-2016 01:51 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think most of the issue that people have sending cues to NEC is that they do not wait until after the lamp is done lighting. During the "Lamp Lighting" sequence on NC-900, NC-1200 and NC-2000 you can not communicate at all with the projector and ask it to process any other commands, if you send then they will be ignored. The NC-900 takes even longer although I have never actually timed it out. I want to say about 50 seconds though. I always tell customers to let the lamp warm up for at least 90 seconds before any image hits the screen anyway just because of the mercury lamps. How they choose to automate that in is their choice.

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-13-2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't just the lamp-on cue Mark...ANY cue will get the NEC a thinkin' And while it is pondering its current task, it will not buffer in another one. But I've also found that without a double cue to NECs, they are just plain unreliable on their cues. It doesn't cost anything to double-cue (from an automation). It wouldn't surprise me if part of the problem with Ethernet commands is the port opening/closing consuming some cues. I know that the JSD100 had problems with that too. A server driven cue isn't as likely to be a problem since the server and projector are having a continual chit-chat.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-13-2016 07:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never have had any issues cueing once the lamp is lit. I'd hear about that right away if it happened very often...

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-27-2016 05:28 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never had that cue issue between a Doremi and NC900. I usually place my cues very dense.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: