Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Harkness Digital Screen Verifier

Author Topic: Harkness Digital Screen Verifier
Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2016 10:07 AM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried the Harkness app for iPhone? I'm not expecting it to be as accurate as a professional meter, but I was wondering if it could be useful to do approximate spot checks and track lamp brightness decay.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-29-2016 01:51 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should try to check it against a known calibrated meter to see exactly how it behaves at say 10 to 16 fl levels. Once the tracking (Or the tracking offset) is known, then yes, you could use it.

Mark

Pietro Clarici
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2016 01:27 PM      Profile for Pietro Clarici   Author's Homepage   Email Pietro Clarici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll definitely measure the reference values that every time my technician comes around with his equipment, just wanted to know if I can expect it to be somewhat consistent or if the measurements are all over the place.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2016 03:04 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is unlikely that the projector and meter would drift the same amount and direction. If readings are stable, I suspect the projector is stable.

Harold

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: