Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie CP-2000ZX I.P. address problem

Author Topic: Christie CP-2000ZX I.P. address problem
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2016 05:55 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to come to the forum to see if anyone knows about a weird problem we are having with 2 Christie CP-2000ZXs. As apparently, the manufacturer doesn't know the resolution or cause of the problem:

We brought the 2 projectors from a closed location. In attempting to put all the devices associated with the projection system onto a new I.P. scheme, they switch themselves back to the old scheme on their own.

For example, we put in a new I.P. address in the D.L.P., the gateway, and the projector. Immediately, the gateway changes back to it's former settings. Then if you reboot everything, when it comes back up - all 3 of the I.P. addresses revert back to their former settings.

We think the problem may lie somewhere in the security card or something. But we are at our wit's end as to try to figure it out. Calling the people that should know how to resolve the problem didn't help. So I bring it to the Film-Tech forums.

Thanks,

Dennis

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-17-2016 06:34 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like I came across this a few years back, but I can't recall what the fix was. You are hitting "apply" and then "log out", right?

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2016 07:52 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might also be a manifestation of the PCM battery going bad. Try replacing the PCM battery and then get the log cleaner program from Christie tech support and run it. Make sure you are doing what Brad says first and go to this if that does not work.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-18-2016 05:55 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely change the PCM battery. It is notorious for going bad. It will dump a lot of things when it does as well as the clock and the logs will fill up. I'd start there. Also, if there are any RS232 connections to it, I'd disconnect them until it is set up. I've had an AMX system prevent a CP2000ZX from cold booting (no problem going from standby to full on but it will never boot up from a full power off.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2016 09:04 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So none of the suggestions worked.

I am curious to know (if possible) - if this issue occurred at a location in the past - if there were any records kept of it and how it was resolved. Would Christie have a case number?

So currently, I have two systems on a different I.P. scheme than the rest of the booth. When I go to finish building out the L.M.S. - is where we are going to need to resolve this problem.

We are certain the problem lies in the "gore board" or "security card". But even Christie is saying they do not know how to resolve the problem.

Thanks for all the input.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-24-2016 11:33 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Weird one. I would confirm all firmware is current and update if needed. There hasn't been an S1 update in quite a while though so that's unlikely. Maybe force a full re-installation if it is up to date.
Are you doing this through the "calculator" or from the web interface? I'm not sure either is better but I'd try the other just in case.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 08-24-2016 12:57 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if some sort of a router could sit between the projector and everything else, and be configured to do some sort of port forwarding and lie about what the IP address really is on each side of the router.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 08-24-2016 04:23 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any chance that there is a DHCP reservation table, somewhere, that's confusing things?

In other words, if the network/router is set up to assign pre-defined IP settings based on the client device's MAC number, the client will always get the same IP, even if you don't want that.

You would need to access whichever router is acting as the DHCP server and edit or remove the item in the DHCP reservation table.

I dunno... Just a shot in the dark. [Shrug]

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2016 05:33 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you able to run the log cleaner?

Are you changing the address from the web interface or keypad?

If web interface are you using the management Ethernet port and not the aux one? There are two address to change the management and the TI address.

You can try to do it from the keypad.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2016 10:13 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been resolved.

Apparently, the log files needed to be cleaned. There was some confusion as to whether or not someone ran the log cleaner program on the projectors. It has now been done and we were able to successfully change the I.P. addresses.

Thanks for all the input.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: