Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Nec NC900 ICP issues

Author Topic: Nec NC900 ICP issues
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 12:27 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I figured I would start a new post about this as to not hijack the other post. I do like the NEC 900 projector but I have indeed had problems with the ICP since the install. I installed 4 of them 2 summers ago. Within a month, 2 of them gave me some kind of ICP communication error. I reseated the ICP and it was fine. Every few months, one of them does it again. After speaking to NEC, they also recommended DETOXIT. I haven't gotten out there yet to try it.

Just last week I got a call about some red lines or boxes on the screen. After rebooting, it did not go away. I had them shutdown and then push in on the ICP. That worked and it's been fine since.

I spoke with NEC again. They said to also adjust the faceplate so the board goes in a bit further. They also have a kit to replace the connector that accepts the ICP so maybe they know there is some issue.

In the 2 years running, I have only had one lamp out of 8 fail. I have had no other issues with these projectors besides the lens shift from flat to scope.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-01-2016 06:55 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have installed thirty some NC-900's including some of the very first ones. Not a single ICP issue with any of them, in fact very few issues with all of them... LOTS of lamp problems with the first generation lamps, almost no problems with the revised lamps.

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: