Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Cp500 password recovery

Author Topic: Cp500 password recovery
Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2016 06:52 PM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I have one cp500 which I need to set up but the default passwords I have on my other cp500 are not working on this one. Seems like someone changed it long time ago and forgot to write it down.

Could anyone of you please send me the guide how to show the password via PM here please?

Thank you for answering!

Michal

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-20-2016 06:58 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had a CP500 in front of me I could figure it out, but I don't specifically remember. It's something like press MENU and then hold down SK4 and the unlabeled button for 5 seconds and a popup will appear. Might be on the second MENU option though.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-21-2016 01:21 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2nd Menu or page.

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2016 08:54 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From memory, I think the 'LOAD500' software displayed the password.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-23-2016 07:08 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think LOAD500 shows anything useful - just for pulling/pushing setup data, and firmware loading. It's a very limited DOS program.
Definitely you push an unassigned button (5-10 secs) and the popup appears. Like Brad, I can't recall the exact menu & button but I would have the p/w from a CP500 in a minute - there aren't that many unassigned buttons. I think it is the bottom left one (probably that's SK4 as Brad said).

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-23-2016 10:03 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam Chavez would know the answer to this...

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-23-2016 10:15 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like, Brad, if it was in front of me I could tell you pretty fast. Yes, the password is revealed in a memory dump via Load500.

As I recall, it is Menu>about this 500 (or words to that effect) and then press and hold the soft key next to the blank box on the left side for about 5 seconds.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 07-23-2016 11:04 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Press Menu, System setup, CP500 control.

Push CP500 control button at top left and the bottom left switch and wait a few seconds and it appears.

I had to go look as I can't keep it in my head.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-24-2016 06:33 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You only need to hit one button at a time. (no double hits).

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2016 04:24 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

Menu > System setup and holding the SK4 (bottom left) button did the trick.

Thank you everyone!

Michal

Steve Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Steve Roberts   Email Steve Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for you help. I have to go and install this tomorrow for a man with mental heath problems who like nothing more than showing films.
He will never use the digital but he loves gadgets and it is better than his CP50!!

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: