Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi Shutdown Command

Author Topic: Doremi Shutdown Command
Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-16-2016 04:56 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I want to be able to get a Doremi server to accept an external "Shutdown" command so an automaton system can cause a graceful shutdown. I see that shutdown is a macroable funciton and for the IMS systems demand that shutdowns be done before power off so is there a good way to issue this command so it will respond? This question for both DCP2K4 as well as the IMS series.

So far, all attempts have failed. I can get triggers to work for pause and play but so far, not for shutdown. I believe triggers only work for shows in progress and a shutdown is an asynchronous type cue (though I would want play to be as well).

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-16-2016 11:50 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe use the firealarm_cues.xml?

I guess the automation will not be able to do a full unix-type shell login, etc.?

This is from the API documentation snippet at

http://support.doremitechno.org/index.php/faq/digital-cinema-player/set-up/490-api-sample-code

------
This FAQ, is to give an example of how to use / understand the API.

API protocol: KLV over SSL if you use secure connection.

Below, the command Shutdown to send to the player:
06 0E 2B 34 02 05 01 0A 0E 10 01 01 01 05 17 00 83 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 01 00

The player uses Key-Length-Value (KLV)
(cf. Wikipedia and Doremi API documentation) to encode the command.

For the Shutdown command we have:

Key: 06 0E 2B 34 02 05 01 0A 0E 10 01 01 01 05 17 00

Length: 83 00 00 06
The Length is BER encoded (cf. Wikipedia and Doremi API documentation).

Value: 00 00 00 01 00 00
We have 4 bytes (00 00 00 01) for the RequestID, 1 byte for the Action (01) and 1 byte for the Time (00).
More information about the RequestID, Action and Time parameters in the Doremi API documentation.

NOTE: the Doremi API is only available over Ethernet (TCP/IP); you can _NOT_ use the serial port.
----

- Carsten

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2016 10:54 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as we're discussing Doremi commands- -
Is there any way to disable the password functions
(other than the 1st 'master' login?) so that I don't
have to keep retyping a pw every time I want to ingest,
delete, etc? - - Or can I just make the P-word a 'null'
or 'space' instead of typing a whole word (haven't
tried that) or does their system require you to have
a minimum number of characters to prevent doing that?

The server I want to do this to is in a private screening
room, in a limited access building, with video surveillance
and card-key access required to get into the booth door.
- - so the chances of someone "unauthorized" getting in
there are pretty slim. And I'm tired of constantly typing
the damn p-word. Can it be disabled?

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-17-2016 12:49 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Carsten! Do you know what port the server is expecting that command on?

You can definitely change the passwords and some are short, by default. I have not tried to make them a single character (e.g. space bar) but I agree, the pw thinig is quite annoying.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-17-2016 10:18 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The API port should be TCP port 11730.

You could alternatively try to use SSH with SSH keys (to omit password authentication), if your automation is capable of issuing SSH commands.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2016 12:46 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think if you use the admin login for the first master login it will stop it asking for it in the future during that sesson. The only thing it would ask you to login is if root level is required.

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-17-2016 02:47 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe that the eCNA can do SSH...just basic TCP/IP. In any event, sending the HEX command Carsten listed above using the port Marcel provided did, in fact, work!

Should this work with the various IMS devices too?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-18-2016 08:09 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you logout and then login as admin, the system stays in admin until it reboots.
I'm pretty sure that in one of the many config files there's a way to tell it what level login to start the system in. I doubt if you can use root but admin should be possible. No clue which one or where it's hidden, I just have a memory of seeing a line in a config file specifying the bootup login level.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-19-2016 04:17 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
Should this work with the various IMS devices too?
Interesting question. The API itself definitely works, but I'm not sure what the shutdown command would do.

The shutdown command in the IMS interface itself shuts down both the IMS and the projector, so you would think the API command would to the same.

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-19-2016 08:36 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The API just shuts down the IMS, not the projector so the projector has to be power cycled to wake the IMS back up.

Now do any of you know how to wake up an IMS from either a full shutdown or just from the standby state using only API?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-20-2016 05:23 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is there any way to disable the password functions
(other than the 1st 'master' login?) so that I don't
have to keep retyping a pw every time I want to ingest,

Jim - if you change the default doremi/auto login password to something else, there will be no auto login on the Doremi after power up. You could then login with the manager account/password directly, that should ensure you don't need to re-enter it later during operation.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: