Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » error 5817 in the projector barco Dp2K-20C (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: error 5817 in the projector barco Dp2K-20C
Thomas Vlachogiannis
Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2016 05:18 PM      Profile for Thomas Vlachogiannis   Email Thomas Vlachogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear All,

Im getting an error 5817 in the projector barco Dp2K-20C, with barco alchemy server.

The problems appears randomly, and, when the movie is playing, suddenly, i have no picture,
sometimes, the lamp is turned off, also, the light indicator is red.

Technicians tried to clean everything, also new server installed (new alchemy) but the error still persists.

Kindly let me know what else i can check for this error ASAP.

Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-14-2016 05:52 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Code 5817: “ti-icp - icp board not detected” (Error)
Uhm... interesting as the Alchemy is 'integrating' the ICP. A new ICMP should have sorted the problem. I guess the next step may be the backplane maybe?

I imagine you involved Barco on the matter? It's a little bizarre that the ICP is still mentioned with the ICMP but in the end the ICMP still integrates something similar to the ICP.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-14-2016 06:44 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the 20C on current projector software?

- Carsten

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2016 06:48 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following Carsten's thought make sure the alchemy soft/firmware is the most current. There have been a lot of changes with that.

Phil Ranucci
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2016 11:05 PM      Profile for Phil Ranucci   Email Phil Ranucci   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen this on a non Alchemy machine, it was a bad exhaust fan causing an overtemp of the ICP. New fan cleared it up. It turns the taillight red but didn't cause an overtemp error, just an ICP error.

Thomas Vlachogiannis
Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2016 01:45 AM      Profile for Thomas Vlachogiannis   Email Thomas Vlachogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes barco involved. all software has been updated. They suggested me to change the cinema controller
Any ideas?
 -

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-15-2016 02:23 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what's the temperature in the booth? is the extraction working? Greece must be hot this time of the year.

The Barco controller board seems the next logical step.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-15-2016 07:55 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did this 20C already come with the Alchemy from factory, or was there another server/TI ICP initially and the ICMP has been retrofitted?

- Carsten

Thomas Vlachogiannis
Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2016 11:29 AM      Profile for Thomas Vlachogiannis   Email Thomas Vlachogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first installation was implemented with XDC SOLO G 3 server.
3 months ago a new ICMP barco alchemy server was installed, inside the Barco Dp2K-20C projector.
Therefore, 1 month ago the problem with “error 5117” starts to appear.
4 days ago barco send me a new ICMP alchemy server, in order to solve the problem.
Suddenly, yesterday the problem appeared again.
Barco suggests me to replace the cinema controller.
Any ideas pls.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-15-2016 02:19 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten, is there anything special to do to install the ICMP besides the physical installation and maybe upgrade the software?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-15-2016 04:51 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ICMP does everything an ICP would do, so you have to back up your screen files before swapping.
Also, for the server part, export the automation settings and import them into the new one. If you just swap the old drives into the new ICMP it should recognize them and you will keep all content and playlists, but of course your keys will be no good.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-15-2016 05:22 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marco, there is nothing special to do, but as far as I know, the ICMP is only taking over the functional part of the TI-ICP, it is not 'emulating' a TI-ICP. So the projector/cinema controller needs to be aware that there is different device present, hence the need for updated projector software. The fact that this machine was previously running with an XDC Solo G3 indicates that the projector is quite old and was not built/setup with the ICMP in mind. It may well be that an older cinema controller board is not up to the task even with current firmware.

Prerequisites for the ICMP in an DP2K 'C' is software version 1.12 on the projector and ICMP v1.2.4.x on the ICMP.

- Carsten

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-15-2016 05:37 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also point to the backplane since all other attempts have been condemned out of the equation.

Had issues like this with old Dolby CP500's with cards acting up: cards were good. Bad backplanes were the issue and were replaced.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-16-2016 03:42 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten

I can't remember where (logs or elsewhere) but I believe I've seen many components/log entries similar/identical to ICP ones. As the formatters are the same boards I reckon Barco haven't reinvented the wheel and simply beefed up the ICP design, leaving most of the main components in place. That may be the reason why the ICP not found error can still happen.

If Barco authorised a new ICMP I hope they checked the projector is running an adequate firmware first!

Thomas Vlachogiannis
Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2016 04:51 AM      Profile for Thomas Vlachogiannis   Email Thomas Vlachogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried the cheapest way in order to solve the problem,

For one week I have minimized the temperature in the projection booth, approximately in 24-26c, and no any problem appeared.

Suddenly, yesterday my air-condition unit shuts down, (electrical failure) and the temperature of the booth was about 30c.
At the same time the error 5817 appears again on the screen, and the lamp shuts down with all the relevant problems.

(I have spoken with the projectionist, who revealed me that when the air - condition is not working properly (shut down or operating at 30 Celsius), then the same error message (5817) appears. The air condition failure happens for 5 times in the past, and 5 times error message 5817 appears.

In my opinion, it is clear that there is temperature problem.

I wonder, does the dp2k-20s hasn’t any warning for temperature?
(Apart from that max warning 95 Celsius for the lamp)

Is this supposed to be happen? With 30c or 35c the projector not to be operated properly?
And why the 5817 error appears?

Is there any possibility the combination of both the Dp2k-20s from 2012 with the barco ICMP alchemy 2016 to be faulty, and produces more heating inside the Dp2k-20c, so as to need more cooling? (above 25c)

Yours sincerely
Thomas Vlachogiannis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: