Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Changing Lamp Barco 10S

Author Topic: Changing Lamp Barco 10S
Azhar Waqar
Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2016 04:42 AM      Profile for Azhar Waqar   Author's Homepage   Email Azhar Waqar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Every Buddy,

This is my 1st experience to changing the lamp kindly guide me the procedure and after injecting the lamp what setting has been required from communicator?

Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-12-2016 08:51 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This video shows the rough procedure, for a different model Barco but it's pretty similar on the S models.
https://youtu.be/j_Mg-jMnweQ

You don't need the expensive torque tools, if you can manage to tighten the stud nuts and allen screws tight enough but not too tight. You do need two 17mm open end wrenches and a 5mm Allen key.

After doing the physical installation you go to Communicator.

In Installation/Lamp/Lamp Information, click "change lamp" and pick your new lamp type then enter the serial number, then confirm it.

Then turn on the lamp, let it warm up for 10 minutes, and do the lamp alignment (Installation/Lamp/Lamp Alignment). Auto only works if you bought the ($$$$) motorized lamphouse, so probably you'll be turning the adjusters by hand.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: