Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Bespoke Idents

Author Topic: Bespoke Idents
Reeves Watson
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2016 06:30 AM      Profile for Reeves Watson   Author's Homepage   Email Reeves Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning, a question to independent operators, where do you source your cinema idents. We have purchased off the shelf and edited to personalise however the quality and be a bit poor and we are always struggling to find relevant content. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Reeves

|  IP: Logged

Gavin Lewarne
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2016 04:12 PM      Profile for Gavin Lewarne   Email Gavin Lewarne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We make ours in-house. Our marketing lady is very good at slides and video and can use all our own bespoke logos, fonts and whatnot.

I just ask for it in a h264 format then convert it to DCP.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-09-2016 11:19 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, make our own.

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2016 12:21 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In our case, some of the idents we have were made in-house (some of them were even made by some of the staff who are filmmakers and film students, although obviously, they were examined for quality, and not being prone to giving the customers a sense of them being amateurish - you'd be surprised how interested some of the staff are to contribute to their workplace in such a way), and some of the idents were done by external companies that either we converted to DCP upon receiving them or were done using the maker's copies of their DCP software (I think they'd bought QubeMaster Xpress).

Really, you don't need a company that specifically works on exhibitor/D-cinema content. Any company that can make digital ads will work.

If you're satisfied with the content, you can convert it to DCP yourself.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: