Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Problems with Jniors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Problems with Jniors
Christopher Perkins
Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2016 03:48 PM      Profile for Christopher Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else have as much problem with the jniors as we do? When I first configured the jniors in our network they work great but the next day they appeared to not be working properly. I am not entirely sure what it is. But when we set up the macros to the play list nothing seems to be happening. When I hit Run macro to test it out it works just fine. Is there a trick to this device that I am not aware about?

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-24-2016 03:53 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes put in trash and use a RS232 based automation [Smile]

Christopher Perkins
Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2016 03:57 PM      Profile for Christopher Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking the same thing. As far as trash

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-24-2016 03:59 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My "end show" macro works only if I put a ten second mos clip at the end of the movie. I assume that it needs time to send the data and just sending the data and immediately ending the playlist doesn't give it enough time to operate.

I attach the "end show" macro to the last frame of the movie and add a 10 second mos clip after that as the last thing in the playlist and everything works fine that way.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2016 04:22 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never had an issue with Jniors. They've been stable for me.

Gordon, Jnior has a good old RS232 port [Wink]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-24-2016 04:55 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 18 Jniors here at my location with no issues.

Wonder if one do the unplug and replug in the wal-wart that runs the Jniors would help some - reboot these units?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-24-2016 06:36 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Experiment a bit. I used on and off cues for an unused output (or unplug the output connector if they're all used) and found they don't work if stacked in a macro (Doremi). Adding a 1sec pause between them works... so I always put 1 or 2 secs pause between Junior commands. If timing is an issue, I will group unrelated commands (projector, audio, junior) together with a pause between the groups. We have had roughly zero Jnior problems with hundreds installed. Problems reported end up being network switch failures/lockups or someone has screwed one up fiddling where they shouldn't.
Serial is fine and reliable but limited to one device per port ... and as a rule you only get one port. We use the Junior serial-to-network function when we're working with a Dolby "our way or no way" DSS server and need to interface with non-DOlby network devices.
The Junior has an amazing bunch of functions rarely used in our sites, but useful and effective when needed. And their support is amazing: Mr. Shulkowski has helped me several times for as long as needed to explain some new-to-me function.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-25-2016 07:22 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. INTEG product support is straightforward. You call Rick, he helps you.
No support policies, no waiting lines, no 'do you have a support contract', no stupid copy/paste answers or other corporate bullshit.

- Carsten

Jason Raftery
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2016 02:29 PM      Profile for Jason Raftery   Email Jason Raftery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, you have a GDC, right? What software version is it on? I've run into the problem you described on older software but GDC addressed the issue quite a few versions back.

Ian Garland
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Ian Garland   Email Ian Garland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be something in the air tonight. Jnior 310 running from RS232 connection to DSS200. Tonight decided that it would not put Lights Down. Checked everything, tried putting 5s black between cues etc, nothings changed in settings. Play a test clip with cues Down and Up, 1/3, 2/3 lights all works fine. Still goes to 2/3 at credit offset and full at end of play list just won't bring the lights down at show start. Web interface to 310 allows me to operate toggles on the outputs and all is as it should be. Any clues ?

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-25-2016 02:52 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do indeed have a GDC and I guess it's on the latest software since it was updated a month or so back when the tech was here last.

I don't know if this is still an issue or not, really. I'm just in the habit of putting a 10 second mos clip at the end of my playlist and since it always works that way, I'll just continue to do that.

Christopher Perkins
Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2016 06:14 PM      Profile for Christopher Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have unplugged the devices multiple times. It seems like that the devices fall asleep and does not keep a connection. The thing I shouldn't have to unplug the jnior every day. It should just work like it is suppose to. I have none multiple test and the test have passed. But when the feature actually plays it fails.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-27-2016 06:36 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christoper - now, you do seem to have networked JNIORs. In your other post regarding satellite/TMS, you say these are all standalone systems?

Now please - WHAT servers do you have, and is the only network connection for each server the one to a local screen related JNIOR, or is there a network between ALL devices in your cinema?

- Carsten

Christopher Perkins
Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2016 06:41 PM      Profile for Christopher Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I say stand alone system, I mean like there is no central place where the data is stored. They all have a IMB(NAS). Rick over at integ helped me set these up. So they are all properly set up. Each projector is on it's own private network. They have different Ip schemes which is accessible from my computer. My projectors all have different IP schemes and their own management hubs.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-28-2016 06:58 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you DO have access to all these systems from a central location? Who set up all these networks for you? He should be able to conform all of them into a common network. You would then be able to access a common 'server/NAS' in the form of a DCDC receiver/storage from all systems. From what you write, you have the Christie IMB-S2 in all your Christie machines. Here is a Christie guide for setting up these systems:

https://www.christiedigital.com/SupportDocs/Anonymous/020-200258-02-Christie-BUL-INFO-IMB-Best-Practices.pdf

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: