Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi DCP-2000 with dolphin B board (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Doremi DCP-2000 with dolphin B board
Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2016 02:23 PM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an older Doremi DCP-2000 server, with a Dolphin B Board. I can connect this server with a Barco DP2K-10s series 2 projector?

I tried to connect it to this projector, but I don't have image.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-21-2016 03:03 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it should work. What versions are you running and did you properly add the projector in the device manager? I'm assuming you have an enigma in the S10?

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2016 03:17 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is your enigma board active?

Is it a brand new machine?

If not, when was the machine last plugged in? If the projector is not plugged in approximately every six months, the enigma board will fail.

More information is good information! [Smile]

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2016 04:59 PM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is a new projector, that works perfect with a USL CMS-2200. We want the Doremi as a backup server form film festivals. The porjector is new, and has an enigma board. The first time that the projectors arrives, the enigma board was discharged, and the projector has an error of "TI link decryptor error", but Barco sended us a new enigma board, that I think works fine. The marriage is correct, and don't appears any error on communicator.

The doremi has the firmware 2.92, and the software 2.6.4-0. The software and firmware versions of the projector, are the latest availables from Barco. TI: 4.3.448, software 1.7.93, linkdecryptor 1.6.22

I think that the configuration of the projector in the device manager is correct. Brand Barco, type Series 2, and theIP adress of the projector. The connection test says that the connection is correct, and I can download the logs from the projector, but the macros of the barco are not transmitted to the doremi.

I upgraded the Linkdecryptor to the version 1.8.24, but I don't test nothing at this moment.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-21-2016 10:01 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure the macro is configured correctly for that input? That's the most common issue I see when everything else seems ok... Usually the input device is not set right or some other aspect of the macro. Also, it would seem that any server with a Dolphin board in it is not very desirable to use at all taking in to account the number of boards that are dying these days...

Mark

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-22-2016 12:23 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy here we go again.

There is nothing wrong with a Dolphin board Mark. That's just you trolling again.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2016 12:51 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the dolphin board works well, because I tested this server with a Nec NC 2500 series 1 projector, a few months ago.

I tried different settings for the input. In the "port selection" is selected "A+B", in the "mode", I tried the two possible modes "4:4:4 10-bits/color" and "4:4:4 12 bits/color", an in "Scan type" I trued all types, but I think the correct is "Progressive".

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2016 02:24 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm viewing the sys-status of the enigma board with the "ICP and Enigma Control Program", and appears:
Link 0 - Decryption error
Link 1 - Decryption error
Link 2 - Decryption not active
Link 3 - Decryption not active

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2016 09:02 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would double check the projector settings in the device manager on the Doremi. I think there is a test connection button there. Make sure it connects okay.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-23-2016 01:53 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also make sure you install enigma version 1.8 ASAP!
As it's been said, try the connection on the device manager. Also check what the diagnostic tool says.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2016 02:06 AM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure it is set for Barco series 2 projector in device manager.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-23-2016 12:35 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All good ideas (except the one about Dolby-Remies being crap for using Dolphin boards).
- confirm you set the server device manager projector entry for Barco series 2, the projector IP address is correct (and on the same network segment as the server!), and that it's enabled. Try the "Test" button, it should give "Logging In" then a list of stuff if it's OK.
- 2D input file should be 292 Dual (or 292 A+B) with 12 bit 4-4-4 colour.
- I believe the Enigma only reports encryption status that makes sense when it's decrypting - playing back an encrypted DCP.

- You should install LD v1.8.24 asap. You can do this from Communicator or with the ICP/Enigma control program. The package is on the Barco tech site.
- Current 10S software is v10.8.100

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-23-2016 06:28 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

It's 1.08.100 but shouldn't make a huge difference with 1.7.93, it seems more 6E-focussed.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2016 03:33 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I upgraded the projector to v10.8.100 and the enigma to v1.8.24. I tested with a Dolby DSS100 server, and the configuration of the projector is correct. I see image with the dolby server.

Returning to the dorami server. The test button on the device manager shows this:

-

But the diagnostic tool shows this:

-
Video watermark philips 3.2, not CineLink 2 TLS as mandatory for Series 2 projectors.

I think the Dolphin-B board don't have CineLink 2 TLS. Someone can confirm this?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-25-2016 05:30 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The watermark version is not related to the cinelink version. Watermarking adds crap to the image (and/or sound, but you don't have sound watermarking) to identify the projector, date, and time an off screen recording was made. Cinelink is encryption on the image data over insecure links like the dual SDI that this server uses. I don't recall ever seeing Philips watermarking but there are a few types. Doremi used Thomson before developing their own system but probably used Philips previously.
You would have to ask Doremi about what it supports.
Note that the Dophin B is obsolete, no longer supported by Dolby/Doremi, and should have been replaced years ago. Possibly its retirement and the adoption of the Dolphin DCI board was related to TLS?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: