Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Expired certificates Datasat (qube) dc20

Author Topic: Expired certificates Datasat (qube) dc20
Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2016 02:15 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.
Past June 17th our datasat DC20 certificates have expired.
Several days before we sent the file they request estracted from our server (c2v file) but today we can't show films because these expired certificates.
The big problem is that next june, 22th we announced the new Disney release "finding Dory" and it's very important for us.

Three years ago, qube guys (as Datasat stoped to support this server made by Qube) solved this in hours, but this time Qube gave me a Realimage contact, but today, 15 days later, they didn't sent me the new certificates...

Any idea about it?

Anyone had this problem like me?

Why expires these certificates? Who must have the responsability?

Any advise?

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2016 05:34 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it is a Datasat product, supported or not, it might be a good idea to contact them to see if they have a suggestion, or the ability to help correct the problem.

Alternately, you can contact Qube themselves at support@qubecinema.com in case they have something they can do for you.

Let us know how you make out, as it would be good to know.

Leslie

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2016 02:14 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
Well: we finally get our new certificates at their time with no problem thanks to the qube guys , but...
Now we are worried because this new certificate will last only for a year, and they told us there is no possible to renew it again.

It seems that all the qube/datasat servers running platform 2.5 can't renew ttheir certificates beyond next year.

I don't know what does this mean, and I asked for it, but I have no answer yet.
It seems that next year we have to throw away our servers and buy new units... 😧

Regards

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-25-2016 07:11 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's ridiculous...

Make sure this becomes published on all relevant cinema boards internationally. Great PR for Cube Cinema...

The need for renewal is a joke already. The final expiration, I'm reluctant to give it a proper name in public...

- Carsten

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2016 02:20 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... 3 weeks and I have no answer from qube... [Frown]
All this make me think that I have reason: next year we have to throw away our servers.
That's include Datasat DC20 like ours and qube Xp-D (it's the same model).

I will insist Qube to give me a definitive answer, and I will let you know film-tech readers what's the final of this nightmare.

Thank's Carsten for your idea. If we finally have to throw away the server, your proposition is the only thing we can do.
Regards!

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2017 06:54 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karsten: any advice about other boards where publish this problems?
(I've just posted a new info about how Datasat and Qube cares their customers in the ground forum)

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-13-2017 09:00 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will post it on a german forum. Although Qube servers are not used over here in Germany.

Another one you should go to is: http://isdcf.com/forum/

- Carsten

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2017 03:57 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Carsten.
I tried to register me in these forums, but it's impossible. I didn't received the confirmation email, and I tried to resend it several times...
I wrote to the administrators, and I'm waiting their answer.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-15-2017 12:52 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Juan,

I did some tests with a webservice recently and noticed that this shows the expiration date of a server certificate - for our Sony and Barco media blocks, this is 2043. It doesn't help you much to verify what you know already, but if you have the different certificates for your system, upload them and see what is displayed there and do a screenshot of each. I'd love to see them.

http://www.kdm-inspector.com

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: