Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » USL JSD 80 Setup software / RS232 Issue

Author Topic: USL JSD 80 Setup software / RS232 Issue
Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2016 07:05 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I have recently tried to set up one of our JSD80. I was able to connect via RS232, but the problem is that every 5 minutes I got disconnected and had to reboot my laptop to connect again. Because of that I was not able to set anything on this processor.

I got advice to try older version of the software (currently using 2.1.545dr) But struggle to find it. My friend told me that maybe I could maybe find it on film-tech. Is there any folder/ftp with such files? Or can any of you guys provide it?

I would like to try the USB B type input as well, but unfortunetaly I am using win 8 and I am not able to make it work.

Thanks for any help/advices regarding this processor/software.

Michal

|  IP: Logged

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2016 08:33 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please Use XD10P Softwares Its same with
web page

Regards
ShibuPaul

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2016 09:00 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Can you provide me this software? I struggle to find it.

Thank you

Michal

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2016 10:14 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent Your Email ID To Shibupaul@icloud.com
Regards
ShibuPual

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-13-2016 10:18 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The USL software is at uslinc.com - look in the JSD80 product page. The zip file includes the necessary USB drivers. There are plenty of text and video instructions on installing unsigned drivers in Win8, if you do a search. It's not really difficult, Microsoft makes you jump through a few hoops but it is possible.
I assume you're using a USB-RS232 adapter? Many of these have trouble connecting with some serial devices. The Tripplite one was recommended by Dolby and has worked on everything I've tried so far.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2016 10:40 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For direct access to software and technical documentation, try http://ftp.usl-inc.com . The main web site links to here, but often it's easier to go direct.

Harold

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: