Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » How to upgrade HDD for GDC SX-2000AR

Author Topic: How to upgrade HDD for GDC SX-2000AR
Peter Provorov
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2016 03:29 AM      Profile for Peter Provorov   Email Peter Provorov   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I using server GDC SX-2000AR with 2TB HDD, I want up to 4TB HDD.
I bought 3x 2TB HGST HUS724020ALA640 0F14690 HT2TB-SATA.

Everyone can guide me change it ?
Pls PM me
Thanks everyone.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-04-2016 10:09 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you an email!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-04-2016 11:51 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, this isn't Facebook. These forums create an archive for future people to easily search. Please post solutions, not email.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-04-2016 04:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you know that involves posting passwords which I will not do on here.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-04-2016 08:53 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you give out passwords via email to whomever? I generally refer people to the proper channels to obtain the passwords legitimately.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-05-2016 12:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He already knew them However, If you can give me the phone number for GDC in Russia I would be happy to do so. Except that they don't have one.

Mark

Peter Provorov
Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2016 05:17 AM      Profile for Peter Provorov   Email Peter Provorov   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark Gulbrandsen

[Smile] [Smile]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-09-2016 09:57 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While of course I respect Brad's policy and will not post any passwords on this site, in answering private email (or other) queries, my approach is that if the password can easily be found online (for example, the Dolby DSS200 installation manual PDF can be downloaded from several different places that a Google search will reveal, and it contains all the default passwords that the unit ships from the factory with), I am willing to provide it, albeit with a "do this at your own risk" waiver if the password in question enables someone with inadequate knowledge of what they are trying to do to cause accidental damage.

If, however, it's a password that I am not totally sure is in the public domain already, I'm not willing to give it to anyone I don't know and trust.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-09-2016 10:09 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark - you are still in the wrong here. Post the instructions and leave spaces for passwords. For example: "flip this over then screw that in and power on. Enter the Admin password credentials and from that screen..."

That's not giving away passwords, but also doesn't turn this into yet another internet "waste of time" reads for someone scouring the internet for some assistance. The purpose is to provide helpful information to those reading.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-10-2016 10:14 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll write it up but it's gonna be a few more days. Just had surgery a day ago.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: