Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Flat files play slightly shrunken Barco DP2k-10s

Author Topic: Flat files play slightly shrunken Barco DP2k-10s
Yang Miller
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2016 04:55 PM      Profile for Yang Miller   Email Yang Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have Barco DP2k-10s projectors. One of the projectors is strangely slightly shrinking the flat trailers, both from studios and in house made. The scope films play correctly. We've adjusted the lens multiple times using the white screen and focus patterns to fill the screen for flat. We are getting a 5 inch boarder around all our flat images for some reason. Any one experienced this? Thanks much!

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-27-2016 08:22 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bet you need to use the frame test pattern, being the first test pattern, in the Communicator to adjust each lens file per lens setting then save those settings, esp if the Scope image is fine, trailers are doing something different.

White screen just gives an overall light output look and focus is mainly for the shienflug adjustments.

Not the projector having fits, but the content themselves are being resized during process-I've noticed this sizing factors also, but knowing my lens files are correct, I leave my units alone.

Good luck -

Bajsic Bojan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2016 05:45 AM      Profile for Bajsic Bojan   Email Bajsic Bojan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
enter communicator software, service tech access, then load the nocrop screen files, then try barcos aspect ratio test pattern. if all is well, then ok.

then check the appropriate macros to see if an inappropriate screen file (either cropped or scaled, or a 1.85/2.39 file for 1.77 content) is being loaded when switching to flat.

do you have a common height or common width screen?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-28-2016 08:48 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the test pattern frames properly (green lines/arrows all around) then your problem is in the PCF file. Someone has altered the input resolution so the ICP is scaling the image.

You want the DCDM XYZ 185 PCF file in your flat macros. With that loaded, check on the PCF menu where you can see its input resolution. It should be set to 1998x1080 (there are buttons on the right to set the common DCI resolutions.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: