Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco 23B problems with the flow of coolant

Author Topic: Barco 23B problems with the flow of coolant
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2016 03:04 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dear friends.

Im having problems with one Barco 23B, this projector was removed from an auditoriom in order to install a SONY [uhoh] . now i am trying to reinstall this Barco projector but when i turn it on it suddenly turn the lamp off showing a red alert indicating temperature and posible problems with the liquit pump.
I checked the liquid coolant flow using the refill mode and i found that nothing hapened. i disconnect the tubes that goes from the pump to the light engine and close the flow with an extra tube i have, turn on the refill mode and the liquid start to move.
i dont know if a tube from the light engine is blocked inside and most important if there is a way to remove those tubes to find out.
did somebody had that problem too?

thanks for your help

mike moreno
mexico

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-27-2016 03:28 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a system flush is needed to cure this issue.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-27-2016 04:23 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note...if any of the connectors are not seated fully, they will stop the flow.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-28-2016 10:53 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had 2, maybe 3 light engines develop a complete flow blockage somewhere in their plumbing. Backflushing did not help, although one did have something moving inside - using the coolant change kit syringe I could move a tiny bit of coolant when changing direction. The syringe can make quite a bit of pressure, the flow was completely cut off. Since these were warranty projectors I did not take the light engine plumbing apart.
All had been serviced according to schedule with annual coolant changes.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 05-28-2016 02:17 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if your cooling line is blocked and it's still under warranty don't do anything and ask for a new one.

Otherwise you can either ask for a refurbished one or try and fix it by cleaning the line somehow. I guess you'll have to remove the heatsinks and inspect them but not sure whether it's an easy thing to do and/or reinstalling them is going to be a delicate job.

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2016 03:30 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I replace the pump but it didnt help.
Barco said that if the problem is in the light engine plumbing is not posible to fix on field so i have to send the light engine to fix.
[Roll Eyes]
i think if i remove the plumbing but i dont wanna cause damage.

thanks guys

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2016 03:32 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good afternoon.
Just to comment.
i fix the problem as Dave said.
Thanks for the advice, i use the air commpresor very very carfully.

I put air pressure to the hoses and these were cleaned .

[beer]

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2016 09:51 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the cooling liquid is old (or maybe unused for a long period?), it may accumulate crystals on the DMDs, blocking the flow.
You did the right thing. (Being cautious.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: