Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco DP2K-19B ICP problem

Author Topic: Barco DP2K-19B ICP problem
Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2016 09:52 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 19B which was not been powered for last 5 months, after powering up it came with red light and some errors, which are:

IMB-logical marriage temper event
IMB-physical marriage temper event
IMB-service door temper event
satellite-satellite firmware missmatch
ti-icp - certificate error
ti-icp - key error

i powered up server and after booting server shows IMB and no problems under diagnostic, i can read s/n versions, and NO battery errors....(imb installed last year, so batetry should be ok)

They i tried to do remarriage but no sucess, even it won't work good, sometimes when you get dallas key it won't respond.....

Then went to check ICP, even it says it is ok i having soem trouble with communication, they i tried uploading firmware both from barco dc software and with TI software, it always pop's up error that firmare could not be upgraded or so, even i can not load new file to any slot A or B.

Barco support told me i should check IMB since machine was not powered on for some time, but as i can see IMB battery should not be problem, and as i said before, there are no errors on server.

|  IP: Logged

Gavin Lewarne
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2016 10:05 AM      Profile for Gavin Lewarne   Email Gavin Lewarne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re-seat the Cinema Controller Board. It controls many communications and the dallas key system. The CCB does have a battery on board, not sure if its primary type or rechargeable, but it could be dead

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-23-2016 10:53 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The satellite firmware mismatch is all in the TI stuff - ICP and light engine. Removing the ICP does bring up a marriage failure, I'm not sure if that comes up as an IMB marriage error but it would make sense, the marriage is between the ICP and the media block.
You can try remarriage but it won't help if the ICP is in error, and it seems to be.
Since you can't load firmware, it looks like an ICP error.
There is a process to recover a scrambled ICP but it would be a last resort, I think. It works OK for some things... but can fail and leave you worse off.
Reseat all the cards and try again. Try running the self tests, I select "all tests" then uncheck all the lens mount motor tests - they take forever and don't tell you anything useful unless you have suspicions about the lens motors.
You should pull a diagnostic report and send it to Barco support if you haven't yet.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2016 11:33 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgot to say earlier, all cards and switches reseated and checked.....and all ligs were sent to barco.....

I think only i can try reload icp from boot mode

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-24-2016 07:48 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the ICP recovery process would be best. It leaves the ICP with an older firmware version so you need to reflash it to a current version - and all ICP data files are lost so having a recent clone is pretty useful. It's on the Barco site under technical downloads for pretty much any S2 projectors. The instructions include info on accessing boot mode if the normal approach fails, I have never needed to do that.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2016 09:23 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will gonna try that. Files are last thing to worry about here.....

Rick Cohen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2016 11:14 AM      Profile for Rick Cohen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that this helps you now, but for seasonal drive-ins, we have been advised to turn on the projector and server during our down time (typically 4-6 months) at regular 30 day intervals, leaving them powered on for a 24-hour period to charge the batteries in the boards. We also cycle the coolant pump for 15 minutes every month.

Some drive-ins which did not receive this advice during their first season with digital, had similar problems as to what you are describing, when they attempted to reopen in the spring. An expensive, unfortunate, and largely avoidable lesson.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2016 01:34 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am aware of that, but all bateries inside series 2 are non-rechargable....so it doesn't make sence to charge batteries?

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2016 01:21 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link descriptor used in S2 projectors has a rechargeable battery. Its issues are well documented in FT. Some IMBs do as well.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2016 05:17 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LD is different story, but IMB have only replacable battery, but anyway i have ICP problem here.

I tried both recover method, via ICP programm from TI or via cmd line with barco recovery program, both return fail at point where files need to be uploaded to SLOT of ICP.
One thing i did not try is when i load cmd line it says "untested windows version" i am using Win 8.1 on my laptop, so don't know should it work better with XP say....

But, anyhow in manual they said in case recover fails retry. Any as long ICP can enter boot mode (this one can without problems) ICP is recovarable......manual say's that way.....so that leaves me with keep trying [Big Grin]

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-25-2016 05:35 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I doubt it's an issue, you should try at least one other machine with a supported Windows version (7 should be fine). Also temporarily disable your virus scanner. Although I doubt it will cause any troubles, it's best to avoid any potential troublemakers straight away.

If that doesn't help, I don't think it's a battery problem, but I suspect some defective flash on the ICP, which is, unfortunately, not a field-replaceable part.

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2016 06:30 PM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is also recommend to bypass all network switches and go directly into the projector itself. If that doesn't work I hear that it is possible to update via serial cable but it will take a very very long time. Worth a shot if everything else fails.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 05-26-2016 01:14 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance that the icp battery gets drained faster if the icp is not turned on? Maybe, when powered, the pcb is defaulting to the main power supply for its needs and the battery lasts longer.
That said I'd think that if you lose the certificate you should still be able to install a slot. Weird.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2016 01:50 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.....i tought on serial also, will try that. But about battery issue, it still don't make sence that icp error every update to slot, for me it seems like bad flash memory on icp. Will try lower win version when i get some pc. Good is i still can get isp too boot mode, but probably there is cinnection for serial directly on board to flash it,but only for factory use [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: