Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC 900C rainbow

Author Topic: NEC 900C rainbow
Brian DeCiancio
Film Handler

- posted 04-28-2016 04:59 PM      Profile for Brian DeCiancio   Author's Homepage   Email Brian DeCiancio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had strange arced "rainbows" show up one day on a 900C. Three of them were visible on the left 1/3 of the screen

Oddly, the fix was as simple as removing and reseating the lens.

Just wanted to share.

(I can't get the image to upload).

|  IP: Logged

Rachael Barbash
Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2016 07:27 PM      Profile for Rachael Barbash   Author's Homepage   Email Rachael Barbash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On one of our NC1200c we've been having kind of almost a reddish reflection on screen whenever the lamp is on. I wonder if it's a similar problem. Did you remove the lens yourself or have an outside tech do it?
Thanks for posting!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-21-2016 09:54 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the NC-900 lens is bayonet mount I am surprised that just removing and re-seating it was the fix. Very odd....

Rachael, On yours try closing the douser and see if the red smear goes away with it closed. NEC's generally do have a bit of light leakage in idle mode with the lamp lit, but nothing terrible.

Mark

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 05-21-2016 05:59 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any chance we are talking about moiré effect? Reinstalling the lens maybe drifted the focus a little.

Cannot find a picture that shows it.

Can you try re-focussing the projector using a test pattern? If I'm right the 'rainbow' will come back. Nothing you can do for it besides defocussing the picture - or replacing the screen

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-22-2016 05:39 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or just re-level it just slightly. You want it in focus. Not out of focus.

Mark

Brian DeCiancio
Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2016 12:31 PM      Profile for Brian DeCiancio   Author's Homepage   Email Brian DeCiancio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I re-seated the lens myself. It wasn't difficult.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: