Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » how to unable the encrypt function on GDC server? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: how to unable the encrypt function on GDC server?
Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2016 08:25 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to use Dolby DSS200 witch can unable the enrypt function so it can work with any projectors,like Benq,Panasonic.
But now DSS200 is no more available.And I can not find any infomation on how to unable the encrypt function on GDC server.
Is it possible?Any one can help?
Thanks for read:)

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-05-2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about GDC, but on Doremi servers it can be disabled by changing the value "2" to "0" in /doremi/etc/cinelink.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-05-2016 03:56 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is doable (haven't tried it) it would be in the Configuration>CineCanvas screen. The box is greyed out where one could have unchecked the TLS encryption.

I'd ask GDC's Tech support.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-05-2016 05:06 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcel

Interesting. What are the options for the doremi? Can we choose as we can do on a Dolby Server?

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-06-2016 03:39 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a highly undocumented "feature", but the number in there is the CineLink version the server is running, which defaults to 2. You need to log-in as root and you need to reboot the server when changing the setting.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-06-2016 03:59 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I assume "2" is Cinelink-2 TLS? Are you suggesting that changing that to "1" will enable Cinelink-1?

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-06-2016 04:30 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinelink 2 is indeed the current, TLS-based version and Cinelink 1 the legacy Cinelink "1" implementation. I've never had the need to run a Doremi machine with "Cinelink 1", so I've never tested this. The "0" / disable option did certainly work though, but obviously only with unencrypted content.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2016 09:47 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marcel Birgelen
Cinelink 2 is indeed the current, TLS-based version and Cinelink 1 the legacy Cinelink "1" implementation. I've never had the need to run a Doremi machine with "Cinelink 1", so I've never tested this. The "0" / disable option did certainly work though, but obviously only with unencrypted content.
Thanks,Marcel.As you mentioned,need to login as root,do you know the password?I check the user manual and it say to comtact with Doremi.I have not use any doremi server so I have no contact with any engineer of them.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-07-2016 02:04 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael - which budget projector types/inputs will work with a Dual-HD-SDI signal/P3?

- Carsten

Mattias Mattsson
Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2016 04:30 PM      Profile for Mattias Mattsson   Email Mattias Mattsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[W]hich budget projector types/inputs will work with a Dual-HD-SDI signal/P3?
I don't know of a non-DCI-projector that has this capability but there is (was) a really nifty device from Doremi that can convert a dual HD-SDI signal to DVI and at the same time does the color conversion from XYZ to RGB. It is called HDVI-20D: http://www.doremilabs.com/support/proav-support/proav-manuals/xdvi-dsdi-hdvi-manuals/

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-08-2016 05:19 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what that costs or wether it's still available? I was hoping Black Magic Design would have a cheap converter, but it seems none of them supports Twin-HD-SDI. I think the transport between server and projector is P3-RGB. There are quite a few projectors supporting it. But if a budget converter could do that as well...

- Carsten

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2016 05:21 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Carsten Kurz
Michael - which budget projector types/inputs will work with a Dual-HD-SDI signal/P3?

- Carsten

Hi Carsten,we use AJA converter.Convert HD-SDI to DVI.This work well with Nec projector(non-dci).

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-08-2016 06:47 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I just looked up BMDs site again, and it seems they do have a 4k SDI-to-HDMI converter that supports twin and quad SDI connections with support for 2k signals and optional downscaling to 1080p sinks. Not too expensive.

The Aja DVI converter seems to be no longer available, but there is an HDMI out replacement about the same price as the BMD.

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-08-2016 08:04 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My personal experience is that AJA is more reliable than BMD. Given the choice, I'd go with the AJA.

Still haven't heard if one can untick the Cinelink box...perhaps if the projector type isn't defined as a series 2 or something.

As for color space and worrying about twin-link on a non-DCI projector...for Dolby select "3D" as the decode mode or put a 3D blank clip at the beginning of the show on other servers to have the server output a single SDI of the 2D content in the right color space. Both A and B cables should have the same image in that mode.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2016 08:35 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Carsten Kurz
Hmm, I just looked up BMDs site again, and it seems they do have a 4k SDI-to-HDMI converter that supports twin and quad SDI connections with support for 2k signals and optional downscaling to 1080p sinks. Not too expensive.

The Aja DVI converter seems to be no longer available, but there is an HDMI out replacement about the same price as the BMD.

quote: Steve Guttag
My personal experience is that AJA is more reliable than BMD. Given the choice, I'd go with the AJA.
More info for converters,the AJA HD-SDI to DVI converter(single sdi channle) works,but the HD-SDI to HDMI converter(model number Hi5) do not work(the projector is Panansonic FDZ88C).After test with another Hatachi projector,I find the convert seen has convert the signal,but the projector can't analyze it.The projector stucked at “searching signal”,but do not say "no signal"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: