Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » 4000w lamp on a barco 15C is that posible?

Author Topic: 4000w lamp on a barco 15C is that posible?
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys.
our lamps supplier is havin trouble geting 3000w lamp and i need to replace one on a barco 15C. i have stock but a 4000w lam that i normally install in our 23B but im looking on the touch panel from our 15C that it has 4000w lamp include.
can i install that lamp ?
is the same size than a 3000w

thanks for your help

Mike moreno
mexico

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 03-22-2016 04:42 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the lamphouse between 15C and 20C is the same. The only restriction is by software, the 15C won't feed 4kW of power to the lamp. However if you crank the power up to 3kW then your lamp should behave for how long it takes to fit a proper lamp.

Obviously you do this at your own risk. Nor the lamp manufacturer nor Barco will honour the warranty if anything happened.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-22-2016 05:47 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't expect any problems, install it as a 3kW for as long as you need to while waiting for the 3kW lamp to come. Record the hours when you take it out and set those hours in the 20C you put it in later. You install the lamp as new, re-install (in communicator, not physically) an old lamp from history, then re-install the real one from history... when installing from history you can edit the lamp hours on it to whatever you used in the 15C.
All lamps that fit in a 12C/15C/20C or 19B/23B have the same physical size and optical dimensions. The 15C and 20C are identical projectors except for the "sim card" identity chip that stores the model plus serial number... and limits the lamp power. Same for the 19B and 23B as far as I know.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-22-2016 06:06 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any DP2K-20C projectors in the same venue? If so, install the lamp in there with the 15C's lamp house then move the lamphouse over to the 15C. You can also create your own lamp file.

That said, the 15C will only drive to 3KW despite it being identical to a 20C...it is purely a software restriction. If you move the lamphouse as described above, it will "see" the lamp as a 4KW but will only drive to 3KW.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-22-2016 06:37 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put the 4k in there, but use the DXL30BAF/L listing on the install. Bulb will run as a 3k no problem.

Had to do that in a pinch when I lost a 3K, and had no 3K spares.

I left it in there for the duration of the install.

Since I'm using the 14fL settings, the sensor still ran the bulb at 2800w on install using the CLO mode.

When the lamp reached warranty pull, it was running just over 3K on the meter, but no flicker and clear envelope...at 1700 hours.

- Monte

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2016 03:04 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks a lot guys.

Mike moreno
[beer]

Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2016 10:04 AM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hola Mike

Si necesitas un foco de 3000w para el Barco yo cuento con uno ,te dejo mi correo macruzsalinas@icloud.com

Saludos

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: