Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco DP2000 Fault - front block temp too high

Author Topic: Barco DP2000 Fault - front block temp too high
Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2016 10:34 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a DP2000 that was fine yesterday, but at switch on this morning shows the front block at 120degrees Celsius, thus giving the front block temp too high error. Temp sensor reads a little over 10K when unplugged from format board so seems fine. Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 03-15-2016 03:02 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it read 120 with the lamp turned off too?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-15-2016 08:33 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you measure another block thermistor to confirm that 10K at room temperature is correct?
Can you have the system running, saying "whoa, too hot!", and feel (or use an infrared thermometer) the true temperature? Maybe it IS getting hot?
The coolant flow goes through the 3 DMD blocks in series - one to the next - making it unlikely that cooling could be bad on one but OK on the others.
So, if it's a false reading... I would try reseating connectors.
I think the sensor interface is on the fan/motor board (not sure), this is the top board behind the cover below the ELCA box. Even if the interface is there, I think the signal would go through the light engine connectors and the ELCA box connectors.
That ELCA box is pretty easy to pull out and reseat. Opening the box and reseating the individual cards is a pain in the butt but not impossible: rather a lot of Allen and hex head screws hold the lid on. If you have the "gore board" black slab interface card be super careful with it, you should touch ONLY the ejector levers.
If the sensor is OK and the connections are OK, the next suspect is the sensor interface on the fan/motor board or the controller board.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-15-2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Elca box doesn't have as many screws as you remember...yes it is more than four but not as bad as the DP100 cover panel. It is something like 6 screws and 4 nuts (5.5mm).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: