Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » dolby DFC100 controller not working - replacement?

Author Topic: dolby DFC100 controller not working - replacement?
Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 07:12 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I have been contacted by a site that the dfc controller on their dolby 3D system does not have any of the diodes lit, seems like there is no power comming into it. I have advices them to replace the power cable, did not help.

The fastest solution is to use different DFC from different hall, but I am not sure if there is anything else that needs to be set other than the IP adress on the server to communicate with it (Not counting color calibration etc).

Can anyone give me any advice what to do if I will replace just the controller?

Thank you

Michal

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 12:27 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Color correction is done by the media block so you should not have to do that. You will have to do the cross talk/ wheel sync. That is done by the wheel controller.

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 02:33 PM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Is there any way to set the controller to some kind of default IP (if theres any)? The usb A to B cable doesnt work for me for some reason, even though i see the pfc100 in devices, i cannot connect to it.

Thanks

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 02:54 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have the Dolby DFC100 setup program? You will need that. Default IP from the factory is 192.168.1.135 subnet mask 255.255.255.128. If it has been used it could be anything.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-27-2016 03:25 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you connect to the DFC100 via USB through the connector on the front panel, rather than the network, you can then use the DFC100 control 'n config app to reset the IP address and subnet mask to whatever you need, without needing to know what it is currently.

There is a gotcha, however, which is that the Dolby USB driver is unsigned (or something like that), and therefore won't work under Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 without doing a workaround, the details of which I've forgotten.

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 05:07 PM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the answers,

Well, ive got win 8 so thats the problem, i cant connect via usb. I will try to connect some old pc with XP tommorow and hopefully it will work, since the default IP is not working so I believe it was changed already.

Thanks again

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 05:46 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember what I have read to use unsigned drivers you hit F8 during bootup and there is menu where you can choose to load unsigned drivers.

Marcus Johnson
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 06:25 PM      Profile for Marcus Johnson   Email Marcus Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This page has good instructions on how to use unsigned drivers in Windows 8 and 10:
http://www.goverlay.com/content/faq/

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: