Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » moving a GDC non-hfr imb

Author Topic: moving a GDC non-hfr imb
Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2016 08:53 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here know if it is possible to move the IMB between projectors without moving the server with it? I know it can be done with Dolby DSS server and as far as I know with Doremi. This is for troubleshooting purposes. GDC tech support says no once it is DCI compliant.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Ranucci
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2016 11:19 PM      Profile for Phil Ranucci   Email Phil Ranucci   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When replacing IMBs, a blank one is supplied that needs to be paired with the existing server. GDC provides software to do that. Once paired, I don't think they can be used separately. How far away is the other projector? If in the same booths, use longer Cat5 cables to connect to the second projector. What are you trying to troubleshoot?

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2016 11:28 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the older non HFR that uses the PCLe cable.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-27-2016 12:54 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they have to be paired. You can't mix and match.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-27-2016 08:04 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since 8.xx, Build 1.xx began thay have to be paired. This is because the KDM's are stored on the IMB in a virtual server that is created the first time you install an 8.xx O.S.. GDC can pair them up remotely for you. All you need is internet access and a computer running their version of Team Viewer. They will supply you with that version if you can not grab it from their ftp site.

Mark

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all. This all stems from a problem with the IMB not getting power from the Christie 2210 projector. The power led on the IMB did not light when the projector was power up. Reseating the IMB fixed it for now. If it returns I will need to swap the IMB with a different one. That way one can determine if it is the IMB or backplane in the projector.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-27-2016 04:57 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try loosening up the screws securing the IMB to it's front panel. Then move the front panel away from the board and then re-tighten the screws to give a little extra bit of connector seating ability. I had that work on a Barco once and never had a problem with it again.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: