Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Controlling Dolby DFC-100 with GDC server

Author Topic: Controlling Dolby DFC-100 with GDC server
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2016 11:34 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just installed a GDC server in a house that uses Dolby 3D. I have the commands from the DFC-100 manual to Enable and Disable the filter controller. I've set up the DFC-100 as a device on the GDC using the correct IP address and port number, and I've created the commands for Enable and Disable. They aren't working. I've tried the commands with no termination characters, with \r, and with \0D and none work. I've tried the four different Line Feed options (LF, CR, CRLF, and None) in that drop-down menu. I've tried TCP, and I've tried UDP. I am able to ping the DFC from the GDC.

What am I missing?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-25-2016 11:58 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are using the right port 61412?

What version DFC100 firmware are you on? 1.2.0.2 is current (and has been since HFR came out). There have been several improvements on its communication that may be affecting you (from the release notes):

Changes since 1.2.8.1
 Added 96Hz support for High Frame Rate Playback.
Changes since 1.1.5.0
 Removed the lockout function where the DFC100 would wait for an authorized
server to allow playback. The system is now available for use immediately after
booting.
Changes since 1.1.4.0
 Fixed issues with ASCII control over TCP/IP.

Also, I'd try to just hook up my PC and use a program like PuTTY to talk to it first to ensure your commands are working before layering getting the GDC to talk to it.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2016 01:22 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I updated the firmware to the latest available from Dolby's customer portal, and yes, I'm using the correct port. I'll try to see if the commands will work directly from my PC; that's a good idea (one I just haven't had the chance to try yet).

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2016 05:08 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another way if you have the Dolby 3D license on your GDC server is to put the IP address in. There is a place for it on the setup page of the GDC server. You can do the Dolby color correction there as well through a web ap. When the GDC server sees 3D content it will automatically engage the wheel.

Jason Raftery
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2016 11:04 AM      Profile for Jason Raftery   Email Jason Raftery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try adding the DFC100 as a networksocket device using port 61412 and local port 61412. Use TCP and LF as the linefeed type. Set the control cue values to "dfc100.ctrl.filter_cmd enable" and "dfc100.ctrl.filter_cmd disable" (without the quotes).

I support a couple dozen GDCs configured with DFC100s in this fashion and the only communication issues I've experienced have been caused by defective DFC100s that would dump their IP information following a power outage.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 06-18-2017 04:52 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 477 days since the last post.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-18-2017 04:52 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, That just worked fIne for me on an SX-3000....

Thanks!

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: