Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Datasat AP20

Author Topic: Datasat AP20
Uugantsetseg Tsolmon
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2016 02:03 AM      Profile for Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Author's Homepage   Email Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well.

I have Datasat AP20 and I want to change fader for each movie from Doremi DCP2000 server.

According to the installation and operation guide, should write a FADER 50. But it doesn't work.
How to change fader from Doremi DCP2000 server?

Thanks for any opinions.

|  IP: Logged

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2016 03:43 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@ not a
@FADER 50 should work. No space between @ and FADER.
/M.E.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-20-2016 05:47 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the AP20 setup. It is possible to have a NetCmd Password in place, so you would need to authenticate before changing fader value. Check System->Access Control!

I disabled the password, and use e.g. @FADER 50\0D
If you want to keep that password, you need to send
@AUTH<space>[Password]<cr> before every command.

There is a document describing remote control for serial and IP, everything is explained there. TN-H413
An older version is available in the Film-Tech Warehouse under manuals.

- Carsten

Uugantsetseg Tsolmon
Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2016 06:14 AM      Profile for Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Author's Homepage   Email Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all your posts.
I disabled the password and send @FADER 50\0D, @FADER 50. But it doesn't work.
Then I enabled the password and send @AUTH [password] FADER 50, @AUTH password FADER 50. But it still doesn't work.

Carsten, What is the <cr>? Please explain me.

What I should do?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-21-2016 08:04 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Control strings often (usually) require a termination character.
Text commends go waaaaaay back, to when one communicated with a device via teletype. The classic terminator for a command was hitting the "return" button, sending a cr "carriage return" character (and sometimes an lf "line feed" character as well).
You can't simply send a cr in a text command because it's interpreted as local cr when you press enter on your computer, controlling your screen cursor.
So a code is used. Some use "\r" for carriage return and "\n" for lf. Some use hex ASCII where \0D is cr and \0A is lf (zero, not O). (could be $0D too)
Try - with password OFF - sending the string with a terminator at the end ie:
@FADER 50\0A (this is the usual terminator with Linux based systems)
and if that fails try the others - \0D, \r, \n - something may work. The AP20 documentation should include details and examples but don't count on it - manual writers like to assume we know these mundane details.
It's unlikely that the AP20 runs Windows or Dos, but these want cr+lf termination.

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2016 06:04 PM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 99% sure the AP20 uses \r

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-21-2016 06:41 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Uugantsetseg Tsolmon
Carsten, What is the <cr>? Please explain me.
It's a line termination code, Carriage Return. It signals to the receiving device that the command is now complete.

As <cr> is a non-typable character, different systems to send these commands to cinema processors use different methods to introduce these special characters by using so called 'escape codes', in this case '\'

On a Doremi, you would choose to send the command as Text, and escape to CR by using '\r'

\0D is another method to send the CR, it expresses the ASCII code '13' (for CR) as hex-code. Some systems use this method for escaping to line termination codes.

The AP20 only needs a single CR to accept the command.

- Carsten

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2016 02:59 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have only applied this on Dolby DSS200/220:s sending the commands over RS232. Termination is \0D.
/M.E.

Uugantsetseg Tsolmon
Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2016 04:59 AM      Profile for Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Author's Homepage   Email Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys [Smile]

I sent @FADER 50\r and it is worked.

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2016 11:01 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: