Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Alternate content

Author Topic: Alternate content
Azhar Waqar
Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2016 02:30 AM      Profile for Azhar Waqar   Author's Homepage   Email Azhar Waqar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi,
Hope you are doing well.
i have doremi dcp2000 server and doremi IMB 2K-B so i want to run alternate content on it through laptop or dish-tv. how can i paly?

|  IP: Logged

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2016 02:57 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What projector are you using? Easiest way would be to connect your source to the projector´s DVI inputs (if existing).
The other way is to use the HDMI input on the IMB. You must then choose HDMI in the Doremi UI and the projector must have a "button" (macro, channel or whatever) properly configured.
/M.E.

Azhar Waqar
Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2016 03:19 AM      Profile for Azhar Waqar   Author's Homepage   Email Azhar Waqar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
projector is Barco DP2K-23B. but i didn't have any option in doremi showvault to select the HDMI Mode. kindly guide me the procedure.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-17-2016 08:29 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) You can create a macro and add a command - in "library" select "Certainty" (the IMB) and then the HDMI input command.
Then link a quick control button to that macro for manual use. You can use it in a playlist, but... entering HDMI input mode ejects a running playlist.
2) Open Device Controller (from control panel), connect to "Certainty", and select HDMI input.

- You don't need a special projector macro, the HDMI signal is an IMB output: you need to have the correct screen format preset active for your HDMI content though - "FLAT" for 1.85:1 works pretty well for 16/9 if you don't need exact framing.

You can try fiddling with HDMI color in the projector but won't get far. HDMI colorspace (default is REC709) gets converted to XYZ in the IMB. You can change the HDMI input colorspace and (maybe?) gamma through device manager or via macro commands.

You don't need any macro/command to exit HDMI input mode. Playing a playlist immediately returns to DCP mode.

The 23B also has DVI inputs - these are less trouble to deal with, only needing a projector preset. Also, you can activate the projector DVI input preset in a playlist and insert a wait or pause for a preshow to play - not possible with HDMI since you can not have a playlist running while in HDMI input mode.
HDMI will pass audio on the digital audio signal from the IMB, DVI needs the audio split out and the cinema processor input changed to suit.

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2016 09:39 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dave Macaulay
You don't need a special projector macro, the HDMI signal is an IMB output
Correct, I had Dolby Cat745 in my mind [Frown] That IMB has no internal color conversion.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: