Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie Solaria One +

Author Topic: Christie Solaria One +
Wade Neal
Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2016 03:56 PM      Profile for Wade Neal   Email Wade Neal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We run 4 Solaria One+ machines and I am trying to reach out informally to owners to ask some questions about their experiences with them privately. Anyone interested in finding out what I am interested in can contact me at wade AT grandcinema DOT com

Thanks forum!

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2016 04:20 PM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you an e-mail, but I'd like to discuss it here as I'm sure whatever discussion arises could be of help to other users as well!

Wade Neal
Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2016 04:51 PM      Profile for Wade Neal   Email Wade Neal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough - we are getting popcorn(?) oil buildup despite extensive filtering and only one popcorn machine. Our HVAC system is clear of such buildup and it sucks in the same air. Any others? Comparison with other models/makes? I have heard anecdotally that the next model did not have similar problems. Any truth to that?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-12-2016 10:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had this before in Christie's. This was in series one CP2000's and ZX's. The only way you'll get rid of that is to exhaust your popper outside the building.

Mark

Christopher Lani
Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2016 12:01 AM      Profile for Christopher Lani   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Lani   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My solution is to put a standard $20-30 fan and place it on top of the projector and face it slightly down and out of the projection booth window where the light is coming out. We don't have glass, so it just keeps a constant flow of air blowing out of the projection booth. It quadrupled the amount of time between cleaning the intake filter for the color engines on our Christie 2215. Simple,but effective. I've often wondered if putting a negative ion/air purifier would be worth doing.

Yusuf Ardhian Erry Setyatmoko
Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2016 05:35 AM      Profile for Yusuf Ardhian Erry Setyatmoko   Email Yusuf Ardhian Erry Setyatmoko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

It's also happened in my work place in one of cinema in Indonesia.
In some scene of Batman vs. Superman 3D movie, the focus is decreasing. It happens randomly.
I'm using BARCO DP2000, MASTER IMAGE XL.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: