Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Problem with Bluray 3D playback using Barco ICMP

Author Topic: Problem with Bluray 3D playback using Barco ICMP
Chris Cooley
Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2016 04:30 PM      Profile for Chris Cooley   Email Chris Cooley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Barco ICMP has an HDMI port spec'd to handle both 4K and 3D Bluray.

I can successfully playback 4K content via the HDMI, but can not seem to get 3D Blurays to play properly.

Can anyone confirm if they have been successful at playing back 3D blurays?

Thanks for any help!

Chris

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-20-2016 08:29 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't worked with it but the release notes state that 3D Blu-Ray support happens on version 1.2.2.1 or later. The first release version with 3D Blu-Ray support is 1.2.2.3. (HDMI 3D support (only frame packed, supporting Blu-Ray 3D).

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2016 08:59 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently inquired about HDMI 3D and was told to make sure you have the ICMP clone package, not sure that would make a difference. They did have it working in their Cedia booth last year.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-21-2016 03:17 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just have to suggest asking Doremi support... they would know the answer, I think.

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2016 09:31 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: New to the latest software drop they added a selection for 2D/3D under HDMI input. HDMI 3D now works. Confirmed by original poster offline.

Dave did Doremi share in the design of the Alchemy ICMP.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-21-2016 10:17 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note...in the release notes, Barco specifies the version of Communicator/Commander that have to be used (minimum) with the version. As new features are added, it is reasonable to expect that older software will not be aware of the newer or un implemented features.

I think Dave posted in the wrong thread...there is a Doremi thread going on at the same time as this one so he may have had Doremi on the brain.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-22-2016 07:08 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, just confused. But - changing it to Barco - the advice stands. The tier 1 techs at Barco support may not have solutions to an alternate content ICMP issue, but they will get you an answer from the people who know.
No denigration intended for the often spot-on advice from these forums, but if one has a serious issue with a current product with tech support available, why not use it? And maybe post the solution here...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: