Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NC2000C with GDC IMB - Slot A or B?

Author Topic: NC2000C with GDC IMB - Slot A or B?
Lance C. McFetridge
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2016 08:45 AM      Profile for Lance C. McFetridge   Email Lance C. McFetridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to replace the IMB on this projector and have the following question.
Should the GDC IMB in a NEC NC2000C be installed in Slot A or Slot B and if Slot A, how is the clearance with the lateral board stiffener (for lack of a better term) on the IMB dealt with? Removed?
Thank You!
Lance

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-13-2016 08:49 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It goes in the bottom of the two slots on all but the 900c style machines

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2016 06:47 PM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Gordon has mixed that up?
I do exactly the opposite, bottom (slot A) on the NC-900/1100 (slot B is not active), and top (slot B) on NC-1200/2000/32xx so it doesn't scrape the heatsink on the chassis as you've noticed it wants to do...

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-14-2016 02:23 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said the bottom slot
 -

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2016 05:49 PM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, sorry Gordon, yes the A-type IMB (with PCIe connector) will fit in the bottom slot no problem.

The AR-type IMB (Ethernet from Server, also SX-3000) has a metal bar across the back that snags on the marriage tamper switch and it has larger heat-sinks that scrape the chassis at the bottom, so this fits more easily into the top slot. It can go in the bottom, it's just a bit fiddly and GDC now include a note in the box specifically requesting it go in the top slot to ensure there are no shorting issues (or something, I don't remember the exact wording...)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: