Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi DCP2000 Display Issue

Author Topic: Doremi DCP2000 Display Issue
Azhar Waqar
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2016 05:50 AM      Profile for Azhar Waqar   Author's Homepage   Email Azhar Waqar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Doremi DCP2000 in which i am facing a problem when i turn on the server then power light turn on and hdd light blink red then hard disks light come blue and doremi screen show blue display after a second screen gone black then all supply works power light stay on but i didn't get the display.

what will be solution.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-06-2016 06:22 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the server actually shuts down (fans stop and lights go out), that's what happens when one of the two server chassis power supplies is bad.
Test them by shutting the server down and trying to boot up with one power cord unplugged. I expect only one PSU will work.

Seeing the power supply LEDs on and not hearing the alarm beeper DOES NOT mean the two PSUs are good!!

If the server seems to be running OK (fans and drive LEDS on) but you have no display, test using a separate VGA monitor connected to the rear of the server - remove the jumper plug that goes to the motherboard VGA output and connect a monitor. If that works then the built in display is bad.

If still no display then the VGA adapter in the motherboard might have failed, or the server bootup has stalled.

You can try VNC if the VNC server package has been installed. If you can ping the server or connect with FTP then it's pretty much running OK. You can use ftp to install VNC but I'm not trying to explain that now.

Please do not post the same question in multiple threads!

Azhar Waqar
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2016 07:04 AM      Profile for Azhar Waqar   Author's Homepage   Email Azhar Waqar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i unplug the one power cord then beeps occurred on two power cords its working hdd light come red and then hard disks light come green when i switch display to video then blue screen stable when i shift to pc then its gone dark.

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2016 03:52 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, check if you have a VGA Cable loop from the VGA Port at the bottom left from the motherboard that is blue to the one at the right side of the server.

That cable sends the signal to the touch panel.

And when the screen is blue you might see some text either Video or PC, if it shows video then you need to set back the source of the touchscreen to PC.

The best alternative is to contact doremi support

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: