Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi DCP-2000 server problem

Author Topic: Doremi DCP-2000 server problem
Uugantsetseg Tsolmon
Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2015 05:43 AM      Profile for Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Author's Homepage   Email Uugantsetseg Tsolmon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all!
I have Doremi DCP-2000 2K Digital Cinema Playback Server. Our server was suddenly stuck when playing. I couldn't do anything. And I shutdown manually, then delete useless movies and trailers. After that Doremi server working normally.

What is the reason of this? Why Doremi server is stuck?
Thank you, all
[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-23-2015 07:53 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The diagnostic package will have clues. You can look into it yourself but it's a complex mass of files... with many full of useless information.
You can upload the package to loganalyzer.dolbycustomer.com and it will give you a summary of the more important information:
- RAID drive status, a bad drive can cause playback problems. This is a bit unreliable because if the server is doing a playback or the mysterious occasional churning, the reported drive speeds will be very low. Also, Samsung drives always report as "warning" although OK. If one drive is super slow compared to the others then you can disable it in "manage" pending replacement - the system will play fine from two (with no failure tolerance of course) but it's easy to disable the wrong one...
Purging obsolete and orphan content can help with RAID problems.

- Buffer underflows and decoder crashes - these suggest a problem with content, drive issues, or a Dolphin card issue. Reseating the Dolphin card, SATA cables, and the memory sticks may help. If you see repeated crashes at different real times but the same CPL time then it's bad content, re-ingest.

- Out of date software/firmware/SM will be reported. Old versions don't cause show stoppage. Really old versions may not recognize (coming soon!) SMPTE CPLs. You should always have the current software, it installs without a license. Firmware and SM (SM for Dolphin v1.2 only) need DLM licenses to install.

You should send the package to doremisupport@dolby.com with a description of the problem and the date/time it happened (UTC, or include your timezone). They can usually come up with a probable cause and recommend action, there's a lot in that package that the public automatic analyzer won't find. They answer quite quickly in my experience: phoning may be uneconomical for you but if you email it and then call after half an hour, a tech usually will have a look while you're on the line. The support line is available 24/7, from USA during California business hours and from Europe other times. USA techs are a bit better in my opinion but the Europe guys are very good.

Azhar Waqar
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Azhar Waqar   Author's Homepage   Email Azhar Waqar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Doremi server DCP 2000 in which i am facing a problem when i turn on the server then power light turn on and HDD light blink red then hard disks light come blue and doremi screen show blue display after a second screen gone black then all power supply works and power light stay on but i didn't get the display.

what will be solution.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: