Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Enigma communication problem on a Barco DP2K-10s

Author Topic: Enigma communication problem on a Barco DP2K-10s
Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 04:05 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to all.
I have a Barco DP2K-10s projector, with a USL IMB. I want to connnect a Doremi DCP2000 to this projector, as a backup server. I know that I can't connect the Doremi to the HDSDI ports of the IMB, and I need to dismount the IMB, and put a Enigma board. The problem is that the original Enigma board, is out of the projector, since a year. I tryed to dismount the IMB, and put the Enigma, but in the Communicator appears this error:

-

I think that the internal batery of the enigma is discharged, and has lost the certificates. I have too the "ICP and Enigma Control Program", but don't connect neither.

-

Is it possible to reactivate the enigma board, or I need to send it to Barco?

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-10-2015 04:28 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's dead, it should have been charged while being outside of the projector.

- Carsten

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 05:13 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you change any IP adresses in the projector when installing the USL?
/M.E.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 05:43 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten, I can charge the board in the projector?

Magnus, I don't know. I don't installed the projector. What is the default IP address in the Barco DP2K-10s? I can change it by the default address, but I don't know it.

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 06:31 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it´s 192.168.100.2
/M.E.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 06:59 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, the projector IP is 192.168.100.10

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-10-2015 09:24 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jose Angel Velasco
Carsten, I can charge the board in the projector?
You can keep it charged inside the projector by simply operating the projector on a regular schedule. Or outside the projector by connecting it to a special charge-circuit.

After a year outside of the projector without such a charging applied, it is certainly dead. I don't think anyone can or will revive it. It doesn't work just by putting it into the projector and wait for it to recharge. The brain is gone.

I don't know if anyone can get through to TI for a clear statement towards refurbishing bricked Enigmas and ICPs.

- Carsten

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 09:33 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten is probably right.
May it rest in peace [Frown]
/M.E.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 12:56 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've replaced one of these, can't tell you anything about any programming once replaced though, the good people at Film-Tech handled that!

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will need to d a firmware upgrade on the replacement Enigma once installed.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 03:09 PM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to all for the responses.

Stephan. I can't do a firmware upgrade, because I can't communicate with the board, and if I change by another new board, I think that it will come with the latest firmware.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 05:16 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is not the case. What I meant is that once you install the new board you will need to update. Part of that is the Barco login list and secure data. It will not work until you do so.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: