Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » problem with keeping image put

Author Topic: problem with keeping image put
Ryan Zeestraten
Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2015 06:38 PM      Profile for Ryan Zeestraten   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Zeestraten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all I have a Barco DP2K and right now it shoots about 3" onto my top masking so I press the zoom - button and the move the image over a bit to the left to center it. But the problem is every time I have to do this it resets or something is there a way to get this set without having to get into the machine or should I just have the NOC tech fix this issue? Thanks all in advance

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-09-2015 06:52 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use Communicator. You have to log in as st, open configuration/presets then inspect (pencil icon) the command list of the preset you're having trouble with to find what lens file it uses. Close that (cancel). Then correct the lens settings and go to configuration/lens, finally save the new settings as that lens file. Doing it takes less time than explaining it.
You should home/return the lens occasionally, this is in installation/advanced/lens.

Rick Cohen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2015 06:59 PM      Profile for Rick Cohen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your NOC tech should be able to talk you through how to use the Barco Communicator software to reconfigure your lens files. One suggestion is to "home" the lens before re-setting the lens position. This is also done through Communicator.

Neither procedure is very difficult, but still should be done with the participation of your NOC or a certified Barco technician.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2015 05:10 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean a Barco DP2000? If so that is a series 1 and I don't think there is a home lens function. Make sure you have the latest firmware as it fixed a bug where the lens files diapered.When you go to the lens files if they are missing this is the issue.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-10-2015 05:27 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, DP-2000 has no home/return. (DP-3000 does but you need to set up all the limit switches first (there's a tech bulletin about that) or it will damage the lens mount the first time you try it)
I assumed it's an S2 projector (DP2K-xxS/C/B) but now I realize DP2K could be a poorly chosen contraction of DP-2000.
Note - for S1 projectors, use only "Projector Macro" commands from a server. Using the "Projector Channel" command can cause unpredictable grief, like deleting or scrambling lens and screen files. I avoid these on S2 machines as well, but haven't seen the issue since fairly early S2 software.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-11-2015 07:56 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the Series 1 projectors retrace the steps taken to set the lens (and there is no homing function)...i've found that after time they can indeed go wacky. If that happens, I delete ALL of the lens files (use advanced>file manager in communicator), change the lens type (but keep the same brand) then change it back so the projector has NO point of reference and create the lens files anew.

In this case though I think you can merely make the correction and save the file to the same name (once you have a suitable password level).

As for calling macro names versus presets...I know of one server company that only calls preset numbers (GDC). I can say from some installations (like with Crestron/AMX controllers for a non-typical cinema installation) being able to just recall the preset number would be handy since getting someone to code the AMX/Crestron just to a new Macro would be expensive and annoying. Versus loading the macro into the preset that the AMX/Crestron already knows about.

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2015 06:33 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think problem at Key pad of projector. You can try to swap another key pad to test.

Ryan Zeestraten
Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2015 01:25 PM      Profile for Ryan Zeestraten   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Zeestraten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all for you help I was able to get it worked out with your suggestions and the NOC help.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: