Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi DCP-2000 raid problems

Author Topic: Doremi DCP-2000 raid problems
Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 08:40 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an used purchased DCP-2000 server. After a problem with the raid, I reinitialized the raid. The three disks, appears as "working online", and with their icons in green, but the two raid partitions althoug appears with "healthy" in their status, the icons are in amber.

-

What is the reason of this?

And I have another problem. I can't ingest by USB. The USB drives, doesn't appears in the Ingest Manager, but I can ingest from a NAS in the network. This other problem is caused by the extrange status of the raid?

Thanks to all.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 09:01 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The front USB port can be damaged over time. Did you try a rear USB port - less used, they're generally OK.
What software/firmware versions are you using?
You can take a diagnostic package and run it through the log analyzer at http://loganalyzer.dolbycustomer.com/ the report tells you quite a bit more than you see in diagnostic tools.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 09:42 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For how long after the RAID reinit command have the RAID partitions be shown in amber like this? Did you try a reboot? Could be just a stupid delayed GUI update issue.

- Carsten

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 09:58 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave. I'm using firmware 2.92 and software 2.6.4-0

-

I'm tryed with all USB ports, and an USB keyboard or mouse works fine. When I make a shutdown, in the text screen previous to the shutdown, if I put an USB pendrive, I can see the USB device detection, and if I disconnect it, I can see the device disconnection message.

The Dolby Log Analyzer, says that 2 of the three disks are in Warning

quote:
sda:
State: Normal
Running State: running
Model: Hitachi HUA722010CLA330
SN: JPW9K0J80TSWNL
Capacity: no match
Temperature: 21 °C
Raw Read Error Value: 100
Spin Up Time Value: 117
Reallo Sect Ct Value: 100
Seek Error Rate Value: 100
Seek Time Perf Value: 140
Spin Retry Count Value: 100
UDMA CRC Value: 200
Speed: 104.13 MB/sec
sdb:
State: Warning
SN: JPW9K0J80TS5KL
Spin Up Time Value: 122
Seek Time Perf Value: 138
Speed: 104.37 MB/sec
sdc:
State: Warning
SN: JPW9K0J80S3B0L
Spin Up Time Value: 119
Seek Time Perf Value: 144
Speed: 104.19 MB/sec

But I don't know why. The numbers of all disks are more or less the same.

Adrian Avram
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 10:44 AM      Profile for Adrian Avram   Email Adrian Avram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off-topic. I never heard of firmware 2.92 on a DCP2000 unit...
Also the SM info is not present on the 'About" window posted.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 11:16 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carsten.
I rebooted the server a lot of times. The server is not installed yet, I'm checking it before install.

And hi Adrian.
I think this server is an old model. The motherboard is an Intel, not a Supermicro, and what is the SM Info?

Adrian Avram
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 11:31 AM      Profile for Adrian Avram   Email Adrian Avram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Oooh...so you have an older model, and a RevB Dolphin, with 4 BNC connectors.
SM stands for Security Manager, wich in the newer version is displayed as well.
Check if your SATA cables are well plugged on both ends/reinsert the drives (with the server disconnected from power)..

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 01:11 PM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian.

The raid was reinitialized, with new SATA cables and new power cables, connected directly to the hard drives (with the hard drives out of the drive cage), and the result was the same.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 02:09 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't ever seen a Dolphin B card. I assume they still work OK? I thought Doremi replaced them all with Dolphin DCI 1.0 cards. Pretty sure there were also "required" upgrades for the older servers, one for the fans (fan vibration was killing the drives) and one for the boot flash drive.
Definitely replace the motherboard battery!
I've seen this - drives show "warning" with no apparent issues - before, Doremi said the drives look OK and to ignore it... you should send the package to Doremi for them to have a look.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2015 12:16 PM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to all the replies.

Finally, the server has a lot of problems (don't make the secure link to the projector) and now, don't boot.

We want to return it to the seller.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-26-2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I saw that too and I was told 'ignore it'. 2.6.4 is plenty of small bugs but Doremi/Dolby haven't developed for a while.

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2015 04:02 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, the USB problems was solved by Doremi technicians. It was a software problem.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: