Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » disconnection problem with a server and a projector!!

Author Topic: disconnection problem with a server and a projector!!
Sungsoo Bae
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2015 05:54 AM      Profile for Sungsoo Bae   Email Sungsoo Bae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Guys! How are you doing?
i have a kinda big problem with a server and nec 1201L connection.
At first, i installed dolby ims2000 with nec 1201L and worked well but few days later they were disconnected. So i changed ims2000 to doremi showvault. But they were also disconnected few days later. So i changed the projector to a brand new one and brand new network router. But also didn't work as it was disconnected again. Only tms system and utp cable(cat6) from the router to tms system is the things i didn't change.
I believe you guys will find the way out to fix the problem. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Austin Pettit
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2015 08:07 AM      Profile for Austin Pettit   Author's Homepage   Email Austin Pettit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you checked the video connections on both the server and projection sides? The little pin in the middle of those connectors can apparently get messed up pretty easily. A friend was telling me how a guest checking out the booth bumped into one of the cables, which bent that pin. Took some work to get it going again, but that was the issue.

Then again, I don't believe the physical video connections have anything to do with the server and projector talking to each other. Always worth taking a look at, though.

Have you tested all your connection cables?

Sungsoo Bae
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2015 05:32 PM      Profile for Sungsoo Bae   Email Sungsoo Bae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't check them yet. i'll let you know after checking the cables!
Thanks a lot!!

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2015 07:17 PM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the error message/code on the projector?

Sungsoo Bae
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2015 02:07 AM      Profile for Sungsoo Bae   Email Sungsoo Bae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The code was 500 on nec 1201L.

Sungsoo Bae
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2015 06:20 AM      Profile for Sungsoo Bae   Email Sungsoo Bae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Austin.
I changed all the cables when i changed server.
So cables are fine. I feel like the projector is haunted. Lol

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-11-2015 06:54 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neither the ims nor the showvault have video cables, only Ethernet.

What does exactly mean "disconnected"?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-12-2015 11:10 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Connection with the IMB SM would likely be a network problem. Check if you can ping the projector from the server, the server chassis talks to the IMB on network through the projector switch.
If you open device manager and look at "Certainty" (the IMB) it may show the IMB network address and you can try pinging it: I have never tried that and don't know if it replies to pings when online though.
Maybe the PCIe cable is the issue? Reseating both ends of it has helped me a few times. I don't know whether unplugging it gives that SM error - I believe that's just about network comms.

Sungsoo Bae
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2015 10:38 PM      Profile for Sungsoo Bae   Email Sungsoo Bae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave. But i already checked ping and there are less than 10ms.
Also PCIe cable is also ok.
I'm wondering TMS can be a problem because i changed everything except TMS system and a utp cable from the router for project and server.

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2015 08:24 PM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There might be more than one error.
The side of the projector will only show one error but there might be more issues. If you pull a log from the projector, or just look on the INFO tab in DCC you should see all errors.
Is error 500 the only error?

Sungsoo Bae
Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2015 12:10 AM      Profile for Sungsoo Bae   Email Sungsoo Bae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys. I still have the same problem but i'm guessing that the problem is because of the laser projector.
The reason is that laser project is not able to handle data fast enough unlike other projectors.
I'm still trying and I'll let you guys know when I get the solution. [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: